JT > LION ABOVE BLUE JAY !
Hey JimBillies ~

I was informed that an adult Mountain Lion was observed above the Blue Jay Mill in the BIG MEADOW today/Sunday @ 2:30PM.
Not once but TWICE, a half hour apart.  Most likely same Lion.  Another Lion sighting was reported earlier this week. West of town.

I was also made aware of a Medium Sized Brown/Blond Bear sighting a day or so ago, way up Gillespie Gulch around the Black Rose Mine.
Thanks to my new friend "Doug" for the Lion and Bear intel.  Much appreciated!  

Bear scat full of chokecherries found in yard on Mesa St. Wednesday!  Thanks to Dee for that intel!

The Lion being out in the middle of the day is not a good sign.  I suppose Lions are habituating to people and towns, just like OUR BEARS.
They are just following the deer which get more comfortable hanging out in town as well.  

Keep your eyes open and you might be so lucky and honored to see a Mountain Lion in the Wild.   It is a rare treat!  Although they are out there all the time.

BE SAFE JT & HELP US SAVE OUR CRITTERS !

~ SOB john
Thank you, SOB John, for keeping your eyes and ears open to animal activity, and for keeping us informed. You are appreciated. Smile
Lots of bear scat recently on Ward Street in the vicinity of the water plant.  Our dog was going nuts last Friday morning and Suzanne spotted a very large very black bear climbing the hill behind Terry Phillip's house.
Hey Eric ~

Thanks for the "intel"!    I knew we had a Big Bear running around but no sighting til now.  
That new "pup" is taking care of his Mom & Dad!  An early warning WatchDog is a great asset!

~  SAVE OUR BEARS
    john
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »