Bear
Bear at my place a mile east of Town.  Crossed the road, splashed the creek,
and headed up the ridge to the south.  They often den in the next gulch 
over.  Looked like a middle sized and very dark bear.  Moving slowly.
Thanks for the INTEL Lynwood!   We should be seeing more of OUR BEARS as they are eating non-stop, preparing for hibernation.
Sounds like "Lil Red" maybe. He's not so little anymore. When he is wet he is really dark but not black.  He seems to like to go swimming Wink.  

Sadly I have read a couple recent reports of Bears that were destroyed for entering homes.  A MAMA and 4 cubs were ALL destroyed in Aspen. CO after entering 
an open lower level window.  Another MAMA w/3 CUBS came out of a tree and swiped at a woman who was approaching her nearby CUBS.  MAMA and 1 of the CUBS were destroyed in New Castle, CO. The other 2 CUBS were left to fend for themselves.  Color them dead too w/o Mama to lead the way.  These MAMAs obviously were quite healthy animals based on the number of CUBS they have/had. They are just hungry. Breaks my heart!

We need to be hyper-vigilant this time of year.  We are co-existing so well with OUR BEARS these last 4+ years.  It is easy to forget to lock your car, leave a window open,  All houses smell like lunch to a BEAR.  Trust me, you do not want a Bear in your home or automobile!  

Please report ALL SIGHTINGS!  Lions, Bobcats and BEARS Oh My!  Let's SAVE THEM OF ALL ?!?!

~ SOB john
Fresh bear tracks early this morning (Sat 7:30am) going up Mesa St hill from 12th St but no bear sighting.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »