Mail
Has anyone had any weird mail issues lately?
I haven't gotten my mail since before the dogs died,over a week ago. I  went to get it today, and there was nothing in there, not even junk mail..
I was expecting some important mail. I've been so bereft over the loos of my sweet babies, that it may have been 2 weeks since I got the mail. I'm so sad, very very sad...
There was no notice ,or anything saying my mailbox was so full ,they were holding my mail at the post office, nothing...
I'm wondering if my mailbox was broken into and all my mail taken. There have been some strange things, like a fraudulent charge on a credit card, that had to be cancelled and I'm waiting for a new one,and turns out my Costco membership was attached to that, and also cancelled,  maybe a couple of those, I can't remember...Meanwhile, I can't even see if any other cards were compromised, because all the statements should have been in the mail, mortgage and everything...much potential for sensitive information being lost or stolen.
Who might I call and report this too? I fear my identity may have been stolen, and they changed my address or something.
Should I get life lock? or any other suggestions of protecting my identity and fraud protection? Thanks for any info or insight on this matter. I'm feeling really insecure about it right now, and I'm in deep grief over the loss of my sweet babies, that most people didn't like...I've been working all week on the graves, and it's been hard with a badly sprained ankle.
Thank you to Buddy for digging the graves earlier, so that I wouldn't have to worry about that part.
I’m so sorry for your losses Jackie. Losing our pets is so difficult. Let me know if I can help. You are in our thoughts. No mail issues here in Jamestown. Hope you find some peace.
I have had such profound problems with the post office, that I will only use them for holiday and birthday cards. They installed a new mailbox bank up here, never told us, never gave us new keys, and filled it with people's mail for over a month. I had financing ready for major renovations in my house, but because I did not get my mail, my credit rating went down and my finances had to be rebuilt for a year. In that time I estimate the cost of the project went up $20,000. It was all I could do to get a mediocre letter from the Postmaster acknowledging they were responsible! I used to be such a major advocate of the post office, but after such a major hit, I don't trust them for anything more important than a holiday card.
Trying to figure out which mailboxes you're talking about JTJ. There was vandalism to many CBU's along with complaints about the progress or non-progress of getting new boxes installed around the Bar-K Ranch and Overland subdivisions. I believe these new boxes were installed September 2021. During the down time there was a bunch of correspondence on the QT or the BB with surveys and letters and assistance from mail route carriers trying to get the project finished. Lucky for us, we had a Jamestown mailbox that our mail reverted to since the on the road boxes were undeliverable. Wonder what the breakdown in communication was?

It was the bank of mailboxes across from sky ranch. There were other Banks of mailboxes that were broken into, as well. Sounds like the post office was not concerned about communicating with anybody except the bar k.  The folks on my circle had the same experience  as I had.   The big difference is that most people are comfortable with banking and paying bills electronically.   Because of that debacle,  I felt forced to switch to all electronic,  as well.
Jackie,
I am so sorry to hear about your dogs. That must be truly heartbreaking. Wishing you comfort in your loss. 
Erika
Update, most of the mail showed up the next day. Still missing some credit card statements, unless I misplaced them in my grief.
Thank you all for the condolences on the loss of Eleanor and Quinn, I'm still grieving them terribly. I miss them so much.
I still have Isabel's dog here, and 2 cats, but now one cat is missing..
I accidentally locked him out today, not realizing he was out, when I went to work. I usually leave a window open for him, if he's out, but I didn't know he was out.
I'm about to make a new post to see if anyone has seen him. I can't take another loss.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »