SnakeBytes - Good Reads
Here are a couple of books I am currently reading I wanted to recommend to those seeking to renew their connections to Mother Earth and Father Sun.  They are some of the best exposure by a white man to the unfathonable, perhaps unbridgable gulf between the hyper rational     European world view and the mysteries of indigenous cultures. They are "The Woman at Otowi Crossing" and "Masked Gods", both by Frank Waters, a Colorado writer of some distinction.  I think they can give some solace in these crazy times. SvH  (I apologize for the plethora of postings I have been submitting lately, it's just that I'm currently experiencing some existential ferment and need to vent. Perdoname, por favor.)
(10-29-2022, 07:43 AM)Lynn Wilber Wrote: Here are a couple of books I am currently reading I wanted to recommend to those seeking to renew their connections to Mother Earth and Father Sun.  They are some of the best exposure by a white man to the unfathonable, perhaps unbridgable gulf between the hyper rational European world view and the mysteries of indigenous cultures. They are "The Woman at Otowi Crossing" and "Masked Gods", both by Frank Waters, a Colorado writer of some distinction.  I think they can give some solace in these crazy times. SvH  (I apologize for the plethora of postings I have been submitting lately, it's just that I'm currently experiencing some existential ferment and need to vent. Perdoname, por favor.)

Thanks for the recommendations, Lynn. No need to apologize, I think we all benefit from your existential fermentation. No hay nada que perdonar. Seems like the right time of year for the bubbling of strange brew and the contemplation of, and communication with, what lies beyond.
I ordered a couple of his books from Boulder Library - thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »