The regular Halloween observance??
Good morning, Bar-K! Drove through Jamestown, yesterday evening, and there sure was a packed park for the early Halloween festivities. Sure, a good time was had by all. I bought treats for the normal Halloween observance and was curious as to whether there will be any other folks, up here in Bar-K, going to have lights on and passing out treats, tomorrow evening or did ya'll get your fill, last night? If so, if ya'll would post, yes, it will help me decide whether or not to keep the gate open and lights on.
We had candy and lights on for the first few years we were here...no kids ever came, so we stopped doing it. I would love it if we had Trick or Treaters!
(10-30-2022, 10:39 AM)Kim Renner Busey Wrote: We had candy and lights on for the first few years we were here...no kids ever came, so we stopped doing it. I would love it if we had Trick or Treaters!

I guess that's what I'm trying to find out. Are there any kids left in Bar-K.  I always seemed to get at least one or two a year.
The turnout is really dependent on the weather.
We used to get a bunch of kids (and partying adults - who remembers those days?)
but the number has dwindled over time and the trick-or-treating gradually shifted to Jamestown.
At least in Jamestown the chance of frostbite is reduced.  Cool
I can remember driving Max around in near blizzard conditions on October 31.

Karen made some cookies, our deck light will be on.
Trick or treaters welcome anytime.

Please don't make me eat these cookies alone....

Max & good buddy Nick

(10-30-2022, 01:34 PM)Sal DeVincenzo Wrote: Karen made some cookies, our deck light will be on.
Trick or treaters welcome anytime.
Please don't make me eat these cookies alone....

Will gladly trade candy for Karen’s cookies!!
I will have my light on tomorrow night.  Usually only get 4-5 trick-or-treaters, but love it.  Probably have light on until about 8pm.  Happy Halloween!!!  Judy @ 93 Bridger Trl.
Well, that answers my question, and I will have our gate open and light on till I get tired or OD on Snickers. Happy All Hallows Eve, ya'll!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »