power out
(11-05-2022, 09:22 AM)Kim Renner Busey Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 06:12 AM)Sal DeVincenzo Wrote: Power in your area is estimated to be restored by Nov. 05 at 8:15 a.m. We apologize for the change and are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Updated a few minutes ago for 10:00am
The updates were sort of funny they would apologize for an earlier restore time and the restore times were all over the map. Someone suggested that they may have deliberately cut the power to mitigate potential fire ..... wonder if that happens actually.
(11-05-2022, 10:42 AM)JamieP Wrote: Yea, my phone is out. I had put in an angry emoji in my comment above and it showed up as a question mark.

I am so fed up with century link, I think it’s time for a mass threat of everyone in the Bar-K cancelling their service. $70/month is absurd for how often our landlines are out.

We got rid of Century Link when we got Starlink. Only costs $9/month which includes spam blocking and it does a great job. As long as we have wifi, we have phone
(11-05-2022, 12:22 PM)Kim Renner Busey Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 10:42 AM)JamieP Wrote: Yea, my phone is out. I had put in an angry emoji in my comment above and it showed up as a question mark.

I am so fed up with century link, I think it’s time for a mass threat of everyone in the Bar-K cancelling their service. $70/month is absurd for how often our landlines are out.

We got rid of Century Link when we got Starlink. Only costs $9/month which includes spam blocking and it does a great job. As long as we have wifi, we have phone
We’re dumping Century Link as our iPhones have been decent via wifi calling mode. We also have Starlink. But Kim what’s the additional $9 Starlink plan do for you?
My biggest concern is without a generator, when the power goes out, I have no way of communicating. My hard landline should work without power but it’s consistently been out without the power which is not helpful.

Not sure of my next move, but if you have a century link landline and you’re over the outages, send me a message with your name, number and address and I’ll draft up a letter on everyone’s behalf to send to them.

JamieDOTpreiraATgmailDOTcom
My power blipped but is back on but phone is out. Huh
Yeah it seems my phone went out shortly or around the same time as that short blip happened. Never known for the phone to be out when there’s a power outage. They are on a separate power source is the way I understand it. This CenturyLink gremlin appears to be multiplying.

(11-05-2022, 02:28 PM)Jay Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:22 PM)Kim Renner Busey Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 10:42 AM)JamieP Wrote: Not part of Starlink. Ooma, a VOIP phone service

Yea, my phone i

s out. I had put in an angry emoji in my comment above and it showed up as a question mark.

We’re dumping Century Link as our iPhones have been decent via wifi calling mode. We also have Starlink. But Kim what’s the additional $9 Starlink plan do for you?
I got rid of my landline 2 outages ago. Like you, I was really concerned about not having a phone when the power went out, but it's starting to look like we won't have phones anyway when the power goes out so we might as well save the money. Of course, it took several hours over a couple of days just to be able to talk to someone who could cancel my phone service.......
We disconnected our CenturyLink landline a couple of months ago.
We get pretty good connection for the mobile phones (Xfinity Mobile) up here by Rock Lake.
I think we have our mobile phones registered for our address so we'd get reverse 911 calls, but not really sure.  Anybody know if that can be done?  I can't remember what we registered for.
https://bouldercounty.gov/safety/emergen...on-system/
My landline is back on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »