Found cat, is it yours?
It would be wonderful to find the owner before I transport it to animal control on Monday morning.  A free roaming cat is a rare event in Peaceful Valley, thankfully.  Lost cats can travel a long way in short time.

I caught this small-medium sized cat this evening, black above with white legs, undersides and face markings.  This is someone's nice pet, not a weathered feral.  It needs to go home. It is safe, warm and has good food. 

If you recognize it, please call Steve ASAP 970-250-6161.

[Image: QfSezvsM6p_sAVWykY2skAAeNaG62VE7yOnXVfBl...authuser=0]
Hey Steve, the photo unfortunately doesn’t load (at least on both my phone and my laptop). Could you try posting the photo again and maybe someone will recognize the sweet kitty?
Unfortunately, the forum doesn't allow me to post an image directly from my computer, only from a remote URL.  The google photos link does show the image on the forum post above for me.  Beyond that I'm a a loss.  Maybe Sal can interpret.
I can see the photo from your original post, Steven.  No idea why or how it works or doesn't work.  My faith is in Sal, too. 

Thank you for your compassionate willingness to host the kitty until tomorrow.  Best wishes that kitty and its humans are reunited!
To post images directly you can click the "New Reply" button above the "Quick Reply" section at the end of the post.

This will open the full editor that allows you to drop images or other attachments at the bottom, then click "Insert Into Post":

Good luck with the lost kitty.

-Dan
Steve I saw the original cat but it seems to be gone now.
Looking at the bottom of your (all) posts there is an image insert box.
Did you forget to hit "insert into post"
Looks like your image got stuck there
I posted a screen shot below

SCREEN SHOT:

Sal DeVincenzo ~ Lets Connect ~ Click Here
[Image: attachment.php?aid=245]
Found a cross posting on NedHeads. Here’s the picture.

Attached Files Image(s)

First, thanks to Dan and to Sal for reminding me about how to attach photos directly.  I've done it before but sometimes it doesn't seem obvious.  Fwiw, I downsize each file in Photoshop before posting.

Thanks, too, to BecFos, Rose H-H, and JamieP.  I had also posted on the Peak to Peak Lost Pets facebook page.  I've used it before and it seems to be a good local lost and found resource.

The prospects of survival for this cat were slim due to environmental, predation and prey conditions.  As cat owners we regard anyone who allows non native domestic cats to free roam, to kill or be killed by native wildlife as a highly irresponsible failure of animal ethics.

Proselytizing aside.... I took lost kitty to the Longmont Humane Society when they opened at noon today.  The intake there was very good.  The great news is that the lost cat is micro chipped!  This good cat needs to find it's home.  If we happen to hear from the owner I'll post a follow up.

Cheers,
Steve

CPW Wildlife Rescue Team since 2008
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »