Who Needs Snowplowing this winter?
Hello Everyone!
I'm Jim Sullivan, moved to the top of the mountain in April with my wife Katie and our 2 dogs.  I'm a handyman, but I am hearing rumblings that there might not be the same folks doing plowing up here this winter. 

How many households still need a plowing service between Jamestown and the Peak to Peak?  Am I stepping on someone's toes?  If so, the community needs to hear from you, as some are still looking for a provider.  Feel free to reply here if you are taking customers for the season.

I'm trying to determine the need and if this is something I should invest in to provide the service?  If you still have a need, please contact me.

Thanks in advance.
Jim
Jim@ HoneyDo4Hire.com
720-454-5603
(11-16-2022, 03:19 PM)jsullivan Wrote: Hello Everyone!
I'm Jim Sullivan, moved to the top of the mountain in April with my wife Katie and our 2 dogs.  I'm a handyman, but I am hearing rumblings that there might not be the same folks doing plowing up here this winter. 

How many households still need a plowing service between Jamestown and the Peak to Peak?  Am I stepping on someone's toes?  If so, the community needs to hear from you, as some are still looking for a provider.  Feel free to reply here if you are taking customers for the season.

I'm trying to determine the need and if this is something I should invest in to provide the service?  If you still have a need, please contact me.

Thanks in advance.
Jim
Jim@ HoneyDo4Hire.com
720-454-5603

Hi Jim,

We at the East end of Jamestown are trying to find someone to plow Cemetery Road & Rose M Road this winter - I think we have 6 or 7 households, but the Food Rescue also needs to be plowed out for Monday setup and distribution. I've heard that the town has lost 3 of the plows that were available in years past - one person moved away, another plow broke down and was sold, and the 3rd person has a new plow truck that he can use for only properties in his HOA.

I have been told there's no money for snowplowing in the town budget this year (in the past they were all volunteers and there was a small fund for gas), so we're going to have to make our own arrangements and pay for plowing ourselves. I don't know about the rest of the town, but if you're looking to start a snowplowing business, I think you're in the right place at the right time! 

Neighbors, please feel free to chime in so Jim can get an idea of how much work would be here for him. Also, any other plowing providers that might be interested in working in JT, or people who would also like to get a plow and do some work. Sounds like Jim is also asking about others and what's available. 

Nancy Farmer
303 440 8783
You are correct Nancy.  If I'm not taking someone else's business and there is a need, I'll probably offer the service.  Lets see how big the need is and who else is taking customer that is already setup in the area.
thks
Jim
Hi Jim. My sister’s driveway, which is on the south side adjacent of the JT elementary school, will need plowed. I’ll have Sylvia call you to chat about it. Thank you!
Hi Jim, I think I can speak for the residents of Ward Street that we would like to hire your services!  I'll email you.
Jamestown 
Thank you for your posting, Jim.
The folks on Mesa Street west of the elementary school are in need of plowing.
I will call you.
Sandra
I'm heading out of town this afternoon, back late Saturday. If we can collect a list of Households/Addresses over the next few days, I'll make a decision when I return if this is a service I'll be offering.

Thks
Jim
(11-17-2022, 11:35 AM)jsullivan Wrote: I'm heading out of town this afternoon, back late Saturday. If we can collect a list of Households/Addresses over the next few days, I'll make a decision when I return if this is a service I'll be offering.

Thks
Jim
Safe travels. What's the best way to get that information to you? Email, phone calls?
(11-17-2022, 04:43 PM)Nancy Farmer Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 11:35 AM)jsullivan Wrote: I'm heading out of town this afternoon, back late Saturday. If we can collect a list of Households/Addresses over the next few days, I'll make a decision when I return if this is a service I'll be offering.

Thks
Jim
Safe travels. What's the best way to get that information to you? Email, phone calls?

Email is most reliable. Jim@honeydo4hire.com
Thks
(11-16-2022, 03:19 PM)jsullivan Wrote: Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance.
Jim
Jim@ HoneyDo4Hire.com
720-454-5603

Hi Jim,
Yes, we would be interested in signing up to get plowed at 3378 Overland Rd.
Thanks,
Kristin
I emailed you Jim.
Sent you an email.
Hello again, and sorry for the delay.  This has been a bit of a learning process for me as well as some interactions/conversations with JT govt folks trying to resolve who is going to plow the secondary roads in town this winter.  I believe there is a side meeting today (11/28) and a formal meeting on the 5th to address the city's needs.

At this time I am looking for residents that need their individual driveways plowed, not the secondaries that lead to their driveways.  Yes, I know, you will need both, but the way this looks like it will work is that there will be a city contract with some provider(s) of plowing, and then individual contracts with residents for their driveways.

I'm attempting to identify interest for Individual Driveways only here.

Please reply here so that whomever picks up this work has all the information they need. I may or may not be the provider depending on the interest/economics of the investment. 

Please reply with your name, address, and email address if you are comfortable sharing that here.  If your neighbors don't use the BB regularly, please let them know to look up this thread and respond if they are interested, or you can add their names on their behalf.

For those on the top of the mountain, the politics don't apply but the request for interest does.

Thanks
Jim Sullivan
I'd like my driveway plowed: Monika Chace  98 Crockett Trail. monikayip@gmail.com.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »