Moose on the loose!
Hi everyone. There is currently a large, healthy MOOSE sitting in my back yard at 51 Main street. As you are out and about, you may want to steer clear, especially with any off-leash doggies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Squirrel must be hiding somewhere near by... Smile
The moose is laying down in our yard.. (Lower Main)

Hopefully all is well with it and it's just wanting a quiet place to hangout.
please don’t let dogs run loose on lower main right now, 11:10 thurs. morning…a moose is resting in our backyard. 21 lower main
The female moose is now in Cheyenne and Sue Will's house on lower Main St.  4 houses down from Hillary's house.  She seems to be moving quite slow and has a bit of a limp.
Not sure how healthy she is.  Again, just a warning to keep your animals leashed today, we don't need for her to be attacked and we certainly don't want to provoke her into
charging anything! She is currently laying down.
Just a quick followup.. After talking with Lynne, I called CPW to let them be aware of the moose that *might* have an injury.  They gave me a contact # to send a video of the moose walking if possible, and to just monitor the situation.   So ... if anyone does see the moose walking with a limp or obvious injury, try to take a video clip.

Otherwise.. it's just chilling in our backyard (our pets are all quietly watching it from a window)

Attached Files Image(s)

The moose has wandered off heading west behind the houses on lower main.  We watched it walk around and it didn't seem as though it was having any issues walking (we did make a video of it walking for CPW).
That's good news! and thank-you Hillary, Cheyenne et al for looking out for our Moose.  She looks like the Cow I have run into many times this winter. 
I can't be sure obviously.  IF it is her, she is very "chill" but don't turn your back on her.  And if it is her, I believe she may have a yearling still hanging
out with her.  (I have seen the two together often as well as where they bed down together etc.)  Maybe she is showing her calf the door?  It always happens Wink

Thanks again for caring for our WildLife JT.  

NEXT > BEAR SEASON !
Our Cow Moose is up on Spruce St behind the school.  She bedded down in Teenie Burch's yard last night.
When I observed her, she did not appear injured but is moving real slow.  She ate etc. and is just hanging out there right now.

Watch out for her, there is so much ice up here that it could get dicey if she gets spooked or irritated.
She was very "chill" when I walked past her to Teenie's house.  She appears to be an "old Gal".   Be safe Old Girl!

Lucy the Moosie is moving WEST on Mesa Street!  Heads-UP!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »