Morning moose
This guy visited us this morning at 5:30am. He enjoyed our currant bushes for breakfast. We didn't even know he had come by until we looked at our trail cam (mounted on the east side of our house).             
(05-24-2023, 07:47 PM)BrookeC Wrote: This guy visited us this morning at 5:30am. He enjoyed our currant bushes for breakfast. We didn't even know he had come by until we looked at our trail cam (mounted on the east side of our house). 

BrookC, those are really neat images of a cool bull!  The cams let us capture movements that we might never see.  His venture onto your deck makes me think of my cousin's experience a few days ago when he saw a big cow moose at the base of the stairs to his cabin deck.  His dogs were with him on the deck and he was worried that the moose would charge up the stairs.  I'm doubtful the moose would do that but I think she could climb the stairs, and probably get down okay.
Wow! He came close! I don't think I have ever seen a photo of a moose with its antlers just growing out in velvet. I saw a herd of bull elk with itsy bitsy antlers the other day up near Cal-Wood. It's hard to believe what those little stubs grow into by the Fall.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »