BEAR IN JT !!!
Hey Jimbillies ~

We had a BEAR visit West Mesa St (of course) LAST NIGHT/TUESDAY.  Just down the street from me.  My GSD Lila went crazy 12-1AM last night.  
I figured something wild was out there but was not able to shine a lite on anything.  Today I learned that Our Bear got into one of our new Bear Cans!
Turns out the Bear Can was not latched. It will be from now on.

BEAR CANS:

1) Be sure to check that the lid is latched properly!  Check it twice just to be sure.

2) IF you are going to put trash in your new can throughout the week, and leave it by the road, please be sure the trash is not kitchen compost.
    It is suggested that we freeze kitchen scraps and put the frozen bag in the can on trash day.  BEARS can smell food 8-10 miles away!

This is the second BEAR appearance in JT this last 7 days:
Same BEAR?  "Maybe".  Got a meal. 
Will Our BEAR be back?  "Probably"

Clean and Locked, or you will be sorry!
Stash that trash, LATCH THAT CAN!  Check it TWICE
Report all sighting here or to me direct. (I am in the JT Directory)

Help us SAVE OUR BEARS! 

~ SOB john

Attached Files Image(s)

I talked to two folks on Lower Main who had bear tracks through their garden beds Tuesday night/Weds morning as well.  I saw both sets and they looked about the same size and one actually saw the bear around 4AM.  Said it was a big one with brown on top.
Hey Burt ~

Thanks for the additional intel!  Sounds like we have at least 2 BEARS hanging around; one who has a taste for garbage 
and exploring cars. When the car door OPENS ~ THAT is the 1st reward! And reinforces the behavior. 

Play attention JimBillies, it is EZ to forget to lock your car.  Trash is the most important part we need to focus on.  
No Trash Problem = No Bear Problem

Thanks everyone for the intrel!  Help us Save Our Bears JT!

~ SOB john
Hi All, 

We also had a bear visit us Tuesday night at 142 Main. It successfully entered our unlocked truck, but was unable to get our new bear-proof trash can open, despite a serious attempt. So, the cans definitely work if locked properly. Too bad we didn't lock the truck. Lesson learned.
Thanks Laura!

My neighbor's Bear Can was tipped over but not accessed as well!  YAY! 

TIP:  If you have remote locks on your vehicle (most do these days).  Play it safe and just hit the button, 
Not sure you are locked? HIT the button. To be safe, I do this frequently, especially after dark.
I never locked my car up here, UNTIL a BEAR left my driver door open one morning about 15 years ago
along with every other unlocked car on Mesa St.  

You really do not want a BEAR in your homes or automobiles!  Your "schtuff" will get trashed AND a BEAR
will probably lose it's life for simply trying to survive.  

Let's Live, Let Live and Learn and SAVE OUR BEARS

~ SOB john

PS:  If you witness a BEAR trying to enter your vehicle.  Hit your remote's "Panic Button" to "haze" the BEAR!
OR get your noise maker and chase that BEAR right out of town.  That's what I do.  I love it when they stop 
to see if I am still coming for them . . . . and I AM!  Because I Love Our Bears!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »