Yellow well water?

Anyone else in the Bar-K dealing with pale yellow well water? Someone said it’s due to spring run off? Does it go away? Is there something we should do to treat? We have a two-stage water filter that seemed to work great.
Thanks for any help! Karen

We tend to get a lot of iron in our water in the spring, so a seasonal water change is normal for our well. Maybe all of the runoff stirring things up?

Tongue thank you

Oops, I sent before I finished. I just add a little vinegar to the things that get stained by iron, but don’t worry about it. Once the snow melts, things tend to settle down.

I use natural dyes for fiber and yarn and I get different colors every season as our water changes Smile

Heart thank you Julia. K

(05-28-2023, 04:08 PM)kmsinclair73@gmail.com Wrote:  Anyone else in the Bar-K dealing with pale yellow well water? Someone said it’s due to spring run off? Does it go away? Is there something we should do to treat? We have a two-stage water filter that seemed to work great.
Thanks for any help! Karen

My water is still yellowish, but my well is very shallow. My filters tend to get clogged from spring run off. I've been getting drinking water from Ward for months.
Usually by July it's over , but not this year.

Thank you Jackie. Our water is almost back to clear now. K.