I need to borrow something I HATE-A selfie stick
So as to track the production & performance of my solar system, I need to scan the serial #'s off the power optimizers in my solar system. Under each of my (17) solar panels, in my 2 arrays on my roof, is a DC Power optimizer. A friend who is a solar service tech, is coming up Friday morning, to help me out with that project=creating a map of my optimizers. With an accurate optimizer map, I'll be able to track how much electricity (kWh's) my system is producing real-time. And troubleshoot if a panel is malfunctioning.

The optimizer manufacturer, SolarEdge, recommends putting an iPhone into a selfie stick, so as to access the "hard-to-reach" panels, and scan teh serial # barcodes off of the optimizers.
Now, while I believe selfie sticks should be banished to the 23rd level of Dante's inferno, in THIS particular situation....a selfie stick would be put to use as a tool for promoting clean energy and helping out our environment.
IF...you have a selfie stick (I swear I won't judge) could I borrow it for 1 day=Friday?

Best,
Rich
3/709-1816

Attached Files Image(s)

(07-11-2023, 07:01 PM)Rich-17WardSt Wrote: So as to track the production & performance of my solar system, I need to scan the serial #'s off the power optimizers in my solar system. Under each of my (17) solar panels, in my 2 arrays on my roof, is a DC Power optimizer. A friend who is a solar service tech, is coming up Friday morning, to help me out with that project=creating a map of my optimizers. With an accurate optimizer map, I'll be able to track how much electricity (kWh's) my system is producing real-time. And troubleshoot if a panel is malfunctioning.

The optimizer manufacturer, SolarEdge, recommends putting an iPhone into a selfie stick, so as to access the "hard-to-reach" panels, and scan teh serial # barcodes off of the optimizers.
Now, while I believe selfie sticks should be banished to the 23rd level of Dante's inferno, in THIS particular situation....a selfie stick would be put to use as a tool for promoting clean energy and helping out our environment.
IF...you have a selfie stick (I swear I won't judge) could I borrow it for 1 day=Friday?

Best,
Rich
3/709-1816

Forget the hate, just get a sturdy aluminum extension pole made for window washing and paint rollers.  Some can reach 12 feet.  With tape around the phone and setting the photo timer, you have what you need.  I've got a pole that you can borrow, (but you can't borrow my chainsaws).

Steve
970x250x6161
Rich,

I have one (don't ask on how I got the darn thing.. just that *I* didn't buy it).

It's yours for the price of swinging by and picking it up so it's no longer in my "photo gear box"

Cheyenne
(07-12-2023, 07:34 AM)CheyenneWills Wrote: Rich,

I have one (don't ask on how I got the darn thing.. just that *I* didn't buy it).

It's yours for the price of swinging by and picking it up so it's no longer in my "photo gear box"

Cheyenne

that's awesome Cheyenne.
I'll drop by early afternoon (2ish) if that works for you?

Best,
Rich
(07-12-2023, 10:08 AM)Rich-17WardSt Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 07:34 AM)CheyenneWills Wrote: Rich,

Cheyenne

that's awesome Cheyenne.
I'll drop by early afternoon (2ish) if that works for you?

Best,
Rich

Works for me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »