More July 4th Photos!
Hi Folks!

I see that Sal has posted a link to his collection of 4th of July photos.  What a wonderful series of portraits of the beautiful people and happenings at the celebration!

With pleasure, I share some of the images I took at the 2023 Jamestown 4th of July Celebration.  After a lifetime of living nearby, it was the first time we attended this wonderful gathering of neighbors.  Thank you all for being there, especially for the contributions of organizers, volunteers, the fire department, vendors, musicians and wood splitting contestants.  Thanks too, to the director of the town photo, Mr. Sal DiVincenzo, who orchestrates the gathering.  Sal's guidance and encouragement is leading me to better photography.  You'll see him at work in several of my photos.  My images can't approach the quality of Sal's, but they offer different views.

Since about age 7, I have carried a camera to chronicle my life.  My passion is wildlife photography so I'm a bit out of my element aiming the camera into people's faces.  I appreciate that no one punched me for pointing at them.  I had so much fun with so many wonderful folks!  My only regret is that I didn't photograph everyone.

For the first time ever, I'm sharing a photo album on a public forum.  Play the slide show.  It can be found at:

2023 Jamestown 4th of July photos by Steven B

Steve Bouricius
Hey Steve your gallery is excellent.
I know how you feel since aiming your lens at a person can be a bit unnerving for you and them...
After a while you kind of blend in and if you are lucky they seek you out for a photo.

And so you all know, I completely botched the Town photo that day..
When I was climbing up the tree stump I bumped my tripod and it went off center so many of the shots that I took were missing people on the left side. The only saving grace was a few bracketed shots before everyone was in place so you'll notice David is still standing with his megaphone and I'm not in the posted photo, and I did my best run time ever!
Oh well, I might post the botched one as a reminder for me to pay better attention and I swear there were no adult beverages involved in the making of the town photo  Cool

Thank you for the kind words your photos are excellent, especially the Sal action shots.
Keep shooting and keep posting!

I had no idea you'd had a glitch with the camera, everything looked like it came off like clock work.  Folks might be interested to see the earlier images.
Loved 'em all! Yours and Sal's both!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »