Attack from Silver Tundra CLF Y82
Hi Jimtown Fam, word of warning that I was just attacked by a road rage driver, driving a silver tundra, newer model, with truck topper, plate CLF Y82. Driver got out of this truck near the passing zone just a mile or so below town. Reached in my window, hit me several times, and broke drivers side window. Police report has been filed. Just giving my community a notice if you see this vehicle.

If you have any info on this vehicle or male driver, white, late 40s, longish light hair, please let me know.

Pic attached. Be safe out there and take care of your neighbors.

Daniel.m.rowan@gmail.com

Attached Files Image(s)

Holy Cow! That is crazy and terrifying! Yikes Daniel, I'm so sorry that happened to you! 
We'll write down the # and keep an eye out at The Merc.
I hope you're recovering ok.
xo
Heart
I hope you press assault charges against this asshole.
Update - this individual is a JT local. I’m looking for any info on this individual. At the least for compensation on the vehicle damage.
hey Daniel, this is really sad that this happened to you. For three dollars you can run that plate online and get the owner name it’s something like plate check.com or something like that.
Daniel I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope you choose to press charges. 

this man moved into town this spring and lives behind us on Spruce St. The house has a brand new privacy fence built around it 

I am aware that some of our other neighbors have also had some extremely scary and verbally abusive, interactions with this neighbor along with some intense  encounters on the rd as well. I think you have been filled in at this point. 

I think everyone needs to be aware and looking out for each other. I hope there is something that can be done to ensure all of our safety when it comes to this individual. 

I have a picture of the truck but cant seem to post it?
i'm so sorry that happened to you.
definitely agree about the assault charges.

Erynn, who is this guy? have you met him? do you know anything more, like his name?
we need to get the sheriff up here, don't we?
So sorry Daniel and Community. His name is Kenny. They bought the house Zen Ogsbury was selling- 200 Porphyry

Supposedly ex-military and sounds like, needs some help. Maybe there’s a few residents that have had similar experiences, assuming it’s PTSD related, and can reach out to him-help him get help?

BTW Readers, Daniel’s attached pix, is of Daniel, not Kenny.

please disregard the FB link.
Lucia is my neighbor who is awaiting BB approval. I'm sharing a statement from her now in the interim before this gets more out of hand. I do not condone violence nor this ganging up on a community member without hearing from them directly. I think it's highly inappropriate to share personal information like someone's address. I trust the involved parties to handle this.

——
From Lucia:

“As a passenger in the vehicle in question, I would like to share my side of the story. We attempted to pass Daniel in the passing lane east of town. The lane was clear, and we were following all traffic laws. As we began to overtake Daniel, he swerved into our lane and ran us into the shoulder. I screamed because I thought he was going to crash into my passenger-side door and/or run us over the embankment into the creek. My husband quickly pulled around him and into the opposite shoulder. He stopped our vehicle to allow Daniel to go on, as I was quite shaken. Instead Daniel pulled up behind us and stopped. My husband is an active duty Green Beret and combat veteran of the war in Afghanistan. If you know anything about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, driving was one of the most dangerous parts for our troops. Many were maimed or killed by roadside IEDs and ambushes. Whether right or wrong in the civilian world, my husband reacted on instinct, as he has been trained to do, to the known threat of being run off the road and to the unknown threat of the same vehicle stopping behind us.

We have also contacted the police and in doing so have taken responsibility for our side of the equation.”
For Lucia,

Thank you for sharing your side of this unfortunate and disturbing event in our community. It sounds like a difficult situation all around and my heart goes out to you and your husband and to Daniel, who was injured, but a violent response to even a frightening driving situation is unacceptable, period, no excuse.

As someone who has driven the roads from the Bar K to Boulder for many decades, I think that it’s important to know that people will sometimes drive crazy fast, frustratingly slow, recklessly, unpredictably, cyclists will swerve in front of your car and/or flip you off and domestic and wild animals may leap into your path. Things get snowy, icy, slippery and scary and someone might unintentionally slide into your car or you might slide into theirs. Anyone driving on these roads needs to be able to handle frustrating and frightening events and react to them in a way that does not endanger others. I’m not excusing Daniel or anyone else that might be driving recklessly or aggressively; it is just a fact of life up here that things like that happen.

Many of us in this community have PTSD from violent acts committed against us and this situation decreases our sense of safety. War is horrible and I respect your husband for his service and sacrifice, but he cannot express himself through violence against others, regardless of his situation. I encourage you both to get help and I will keep you in my thoughts. There may be folks in the community that will be able to connect you to supportive resources as well. I am sure that you will find many people in this lovely mountain community that will want to give you a warm welcome and to help where they are able.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »