Going Solar
Has anyone in the Bar K and surrounds had solar panels installed recently, any recommendations or bad experiences to report?  Any issues with Xcel?  Thanks.
(08-10-2023, 08:15 PM)Greg and Cindy Wrote: Has anyone in the Bar K and surrounds had solar panels installed recently, any recommendations or bad experiences to report?  Any issues with Xcel?  Thanks.

Hey Greg there's so much information on solar online. My only advice would be to think about doing your own install, purchasing your own equipment so you know it. I know there's lots of money to be saved by doing it that way, buying last year's / used panels, controllers etc. Depending on if you want battery back up, grid-tied or not all those things, there's a lot to learn about. The battery technology is also very interesting to follow you can run your whole house from a stack of batteries when the power goes out. Curious to know what you learn.
Thanks Sal, good input, appreciate it.  I have learned a lot already and happy to share.
(08-12-2023, 03:53 PM)Greg and Cindy Wrote: Thanks Sal, good input, appreciate it.  I have learned a lot already and happy to share.

We got solar a couple years ago and did a lot of research. Happy to talk through it and show you what we did. Agree with Sal it’s way cheaper if you can do it yourself, but I can’t help you there :-)
(08-10-2023, 08:15 PM)Greg and Cindy Wrote: Has anyone in the Bar K and surrounds had solar panels installed recently, any recommendations or bad experiences to report?  Any issues with Xcel?  Thanks.

Hi Greg and Cindy. I am in the midst of a solar PV and battery upgrade at my house, happy to show you where we are so far, and my thoughts on it.
(08-15-2023, 02:13 PM)Marci Wrote:
(08-10-2023, 08:15 PM)Greg and Cindy Wrote: Hello Greg & Cindy,   I work for Golden Solar (sales NOT install) and live in JT. Give me a call 3/709-1816 if you have some questions or would like some $ for last year's panels.

Hi Greg and Cindy. I am in the midst of a solar PV and battery upgrade at my house, happy to show you where we are so far, and my thoughts on it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »