Starlink VOIP?
Thinking about dropping my landline and going to Starlink and VOIP. Any input? Call quality? reliability? Seems like I will be saving money in a few months.
We are in the Bar-K and have had both for over a year. No problems, saving over $75/ month since we could also cut cable TV and go to several paid channels we actually wanted.
Check out this link, and maybe search for similar, interesting Starlink VoIP info.

https://www.illumy.com/starlink-voip-3-c...%20calling.
We use wifi calling on Starlink and it works great
I'm just down from Kim, definitely lower down, have had Starlink since the Spring.  Wifi calling gets dropped, sometimes every 25', sometimes every 5'.  Audio FaceTime is better, but is limited to those who have it.  Sometimes uploading digital content to a website is impossible as connection gets dropped, other times it's great.  Dish installation was done by a professional.
If you live in Bar-K, Starlink is viable, but if you're in the canyon not so much.  The last time I checked a year ago,
they wouldn't provide service, and they were right not to - the buildout was incomplete.

It may be these days, and I'd jump on it myself if someone in the canyon went first ;-)
We live in a very wide part of the canyon (Springdale) and Starlink has been working great for us, both for internet and wifi calling.  However, we did have to upgrade to the larger and more expensive "high performance" receiver, as the standard one dropped signal intermittently, which was not good for calls.  We've been using it for close to a year now, and we are incredibly happy with the service.  Good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »