Lion sighting IN JT !
Hey JimBillies ~

I was informed by a reputable source that a Young Lion was spotted @ 5PM in the afternoon!  
This sighting was in the ditch above West Mesa Street a week or so ago!  Just 50 yards from where I live.
That explains some of Lila's ALERT behaviours as she has been aware of wildlife roaming the hood.
This has been going on for a few weeks.  There is a small group of deer who frequent the hood as well.
You can probably connect that dots from there. 

Inform your children and instruct them on how to behave should they encounter a Lion.
It is the young Lions that are unpredictable.  You rarely get to see a LION, especially during daylight.
Tell you neighbors!

BE SAFE JT

~ SOB john
Thanks for the head's up, John!
i've been thinking bout this lion, keeping my little dudes close, and smelling a to-high-heaven-STINK just down the slope from my land.  i can't remember ever smelling a kill so garbage-shitty like. any thoughts about that?
Oak ~

Last summer there was a similar incident of a dead animal smelling to high heavens up 12th Street.  I do not think it was caused by a Lion kill.
My reasoning. Mountain Lions WILL eat carrion, but it is not their preference.  Lions will stash there catch but don't let it rot.  When I find deer remains, 
there is not much that remains.  There are lots of deer in the Blue Jay and Gillespie Gulch area.  We have a small herd; young buck with a couple handfuls 
of Does that hang around between Mesa St and the road above.  The deer move to town, the Lions move to town. 

May be a sick animal that died etc.  Most "remains" don't last long in the forest. This too will pass.

~ j
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »