Fiddler / Violist looking for friends
Hey all!  Krista here (newbie in Julie and Matt's house for the year).  I'm an amateur fiddler looking for a traditional or trad/cross-over jam/group that might have room for a fiddle who picks up on new stuff quickly but may have some rust in the fingers. 

Alternatively if nobody needs a fiddle, I also happen to be an amateur violist looking for a chamber music ensemble -- reading for fun or wedding gigs... (although that's probably a bigger stretch...who needs another viola!?....) 

See ya around!
Hey Krista, 

messa here, I play upright bass and would love to jam. let's see who else we can get together! 

I play the hammered dulcimer... (very rusty and out of practice as well), but would be interested in an easy trad/folk/irish jam
(09-26-2023, 02:36 PM)CheyenneWills Wrote: I play the hammered dulcimer... (very rusty and out of practice as well), but would be interested in an easy trad/folk/irish jam

This is getting fuuuuuun!!!! .... I am such a huge fan of hammered dulcimer.  Maybe we should actually do a dulcimer, upright base, viola trio playing traditional music of some sort. This could be interesting, mellow and gorgeous.

(09-26-2023, 09:38 AM)messa Wrote: Hey Krista, 

messa here, I play upright bass and would love to jam. let's see who else we can get together! 

SUPERB!  I'm traveling the remainder of this week for work but will be back in touch next week when I've returned for us to set up a time to at least get together and think out loud about the kind of stuff you want to play.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »