Dogs in my care
Dear Neighbors,
If I could figure out how to put the BB on my phone, I'd post pictures.
I'm watching a German Sheppard, who's person died earlier this week, and she is known to be an escape artist.
I also have a new puppy, she's white, A  Pyrenees pup, 4 months old, kind of big for her age.
There's also a  dark brown Pit bull ,with white chest design,  that belongs to my daughter. 
and sometimes I watch a brindle bull -mastiff for someone else. hes coming again soon. 
If they should manage to escape, please don't call animal control on me. I'll pay you $50, if you are bothered, rather than pay the court, or risk dogs being taken.
I recently had to go to court for a dog at large ticket , after the pit bull and bull mastiff escaped a while back,
when a bear apparently knocked down part of the fence, or maybe they did it.
I fixed the fence by putting another fence around the broken part.
Hoping it holds! that ticket cost me almost $100 , and the county prosecutor threatened me with up to 10 days in jail, and up to $300 fine if I didn't plead guilty then.
I would have paid it during the 20 day window,to avoid court,  but I didn't have the money within 20 days, and had to go to court. Of course I was last and there all day.
I just want neighbors to be aware of what happens when you call animal control against your neighbors. I've never done it because I know.
In fact, a neighbors smaller dog used to come out of the fence and bite me, Nico, and Pete, and run back in the fence, until they finally put chicken wire around the bottom.
Never told the neighbor, or called animal control, the dog basically just nipped and only broke the skin a little.
I'm hoping the person that called on me a couple months ago, will have a heart and not do it again.
And hoping any new neighbors will see this, in case any of the 3 dogs escape.
The German Sheppard ,  I just started taking care of, is already traumatized enough by the death of her person, she was there with her. She isn't eating yet.
Currently she has nowhere else to go, so please be kind if she manages to escape, and if she takes the others with her.
Please don't have get your neighbors in legal trouble . Thanks.
Please give people the benefit of the doubt. I remember one time there were two big dogs hunting my pets on my property. I wanted to shoot them, but my partner insisted on going to the owner’s house and knocking on the door. When the owner didn’t answer and the dogs didn’t stop, she still didn’t let me shoot them and insisted on calling animal control instead. I’m not sure what your dogs are like and I don’t know what a bull mastiff is but I’m just saying you might not know the whole story about your neighbors and there are so many animals around here not to mention little children. I just hope you make sure your dogs are well locked up because you really can’t blame your neighbors for protecting their animals and families.
(10-20-2023, 10:40 PM)Tom P on Ranch Wrote: Please give people the benefit of the doubt. I remember one time there were two big dogs hunting my pets on my property. I wanted to shoot them, but my partner insisted on going to the owner’s house and knocking on the door. When the owner didn’t answer and the dogs didn’t stop, she still didn’t let me shoot them and insisted on calling animal control instead. I’m not sure what your dogs are like and I don’t know what a bull mastiff is but I’m just saying you might not know the whole story about your neighbors and there are so many animals around here not to mention little children. I just hope you make sure your dogs are well locked up because you really can’t blame your neighbors for protecting their animals and families.

Hi Tom P, I'm not sure who you are, or where you live. I'm bad with last name initials,  or even last names often. 
Can you please remind me if we've met? How long you have lived here? and  let me know if you are close to my house? Maybe I just forgot.
I live at 741 Ranch near Penny pond. I've been here for over 19 years, and another house in the neighborhood before that. . I've had numerous dogs over the last couple decades.
Please give dog owners the benefit of the doubt too, especially before you shoot any dogs, which are someone's family members.
Life has been difficult over the last couple years for me, and I'm currently grieving 3 recent human deaths in my life, in addition to 2 dogs that died last year.

Are you insinuating that my old dogs got out ,and were the ones you wanted to shoot? Just wondering, you didn't say.
They were big, and they died a year ago. You are probably happy about that. I'm not over it, still grieving, thought a puppy would help.
The person who recently called animal control on me, had threatened to kill them once, and at one point I thought they might have been poisoned, because they deteriorated so quickly, and the healthier one, seemed to have a stroke which could have been rat poisoning. Animal control was never called on those dogs. They did occasionally escape .

The dogs I got the ticket for a couple months ago, ran across the neighbors property, and looked at her chickens through the fence.
I tried to talk to her a couple times, after I got the ticket, her story also varied from what she told animal control.
She may have it out for me ,regarding the old  dogs. 

The dogs here currently, and the occasional guest dog,  are not vicious or dangerous ,and didn't hurt anything or anyone.
None of the dogs here are dangerous. They are all good with small children. They are not going to hunt pets. They might try to play with them and be misunderstood.
A bull mastiff is a pit bull -mastiff mix. He's still very puppy like, and not currently at my house,  I watch him when his owner needs me to.
The 4 month old , female, Great Pyrenees puppy , is really the only one that is mine.
The pit bull belongs to my daughter, who is  currently not living here. He's getting old, and has a tumor that is growing. Hoping he doesn't die anytime soon.
All the dogs here, are good with cats, I have 2 cats living here, the new pup likes to play with one cat here, they get along great. 
The female German Sheppard I just took on, who's human mother died suddenly and unexpectedly, is also good with Cats.
Someone had the cats of the woman that died, removed by animal control, as soon as they heard of her death.
The dog happened to be with someone else at the time animal control got there, or they probably would have taken her too.   It's a sad situation .
It's possible I may end up keeping the German Sheppard, hard to know right now, people are in shock and grief.
I posted the post you replied to.  because I was told she is known to be an escape artist. She just got here yesterday.

Please give me, and other neighbors  the benefit of the doubt, and don't cause more grief by shooting any dogs .
Sounds like you may lack empathy , and could be a bit trigger happy, but I don't' know you.
Did the dogs you wanted to kill, kill or injure any of your pets? Were they my old dogs? 
Your partner sound kind and compassionate , glad you listened to her, or him.
Now I'm worried about you and your guns , should you happen to be home alone, and see any dogs running around.

The other dogs got out a couple months ago, when I was sleeping,  due to part of the fence going down , possibly from a bear. 
I was unaware of the fence breech, when I put them in the dog yard early in the morning, and went back to sleep.
I didn't post about that incident when it happened , because after fixing the fence, I didn't think it would happen again.
My puppy recently got out the door ,when I was bringing stuff in from the car. She ran around for 10 minutes, and came home.
Sometimes accidents happen, glad the puppy escape  didn't cost me a fine, and make me have to go to court.
Thanks to any neighbors for not making a case out of a puppy escape.
Jackie the new dog is quite a barker. The past two evenings going strong from 7pm until too late. Please bring them in. If more barking tomorrow night I’ll stop by your place.
We regularly see coyotes at our place. I would be wary of leaving dogs outside unattended at night. There are too many critters out patrolling at night.
Confused So sorry Jay. Last night another friend came by and she wasn’t comfortable with the dogs in the house, except for the puppy. The person who asked me to take the dog, is supposed to be pick her up tomorrow. I tried to convince her that she really needs to be an only dog , and get some training, and I’d be willing to take her to the humane society in Boulder, but I couldn’t convince her. I know the Boulder humane society is very good at training and finding dogs the best home. The pit bull came from there and he’s pretty good when he’s not having to deal with a new dog who isn’t trained and is traumatized. It’s been disruptive for me too. Hoping she’s picked up tomorrow. I’m going to Jamestown this evening . Hopefully all will be ok.

I’m using my phone now but it’s trickier than the desk top and I am having trouble posting the picture anyway so hopefully I can get this back on the desktop soon. The guest dog is supposed to be picked up tomorrow. I might have kept her if things went smoothly but it’s not working out.
A quieter evening so far. Appreciate it.
(10-23-2023, 06:54 PM)Jay Wrote: A quieter evening so far. Appreciate it.

I agree.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »