Stone walkway help - Recommendations?
I need someone to help finish a concrete paver walkway and patio.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Steve
text or call 970-250-6161

Is there a barrier, landscape fabric or any other under and around the large stones? If so, fill gaps with pea-size washed rock. I googled “stone walkway” and there’s suggestions for different kinds of filler material. We used a concrete mix on a similar type flagstone patio. Worked mostly well, but discovered we would have been better off with a different grade/type of concrete. You can also imbed small rocks in the top layer of concrete.
Thank you, Donna.  I would like to learn more about the concrete filler you found to be better.

The photo shows a test placement of stones.  I have weed barrier and plan to use decomposed granite as a substrate.  A person in JT who has more experience building stone patios has contacted me and may offer good advice.  Any other contractor suggestions will be appreciated.
Matty Graziano, of JT, is the king of stone patios and walls!!!
Thanks, Rose.  I'll put him to work if I can.
I second Matty G.
‭ (720) 320-6739
I third Matty.
the right filler material between flagstone, makes a big difference in how many weeds pop up. 
I don't have the correct setup and have to weed my walkway a bunch
(09-12-2023, 05:15 PM)Steven B in PV Wrote: I need someone to help finish a concrete paver walkway and patio.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Steve
text or call 970-250-6161

Thanks to all for your recommendations.  I hired Joe Reichert of Jamestown to help with this project.  Joe has many years of experience in garden renovations and landscaping.  He did a marvelous job and I learned a lot from him.  The patio and walkway that extends into the hummingbird meadow became bigger and better than I first imagined, due in part to Joe's experience.  Together, we worked hard to get the job done before the snows fly.

My plan is to give it a natural, integrated look by planting sheep fescue between the pavers.  It is a tough, low growing grass that has done well here.  As a low grass, sheep fescue doesn't crowd out the flowering plants that the hummers use.  In two to three years we should see how well the plan works.

Joe Reichert can be reached by text at 720-243-1510, or e-mail:  joe.reichert@jimtown.org.

Thank you, Joe!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »