Mountain lion visit
Heads up that we just had a mountain lion visit us on upper spruce street. Looked pretty small. It jumped up on our deck at 1pm, checked around and then walked off.
Wow! Talk about close to home!
Thanks for passing along the news.
Hey Quintin ~

Thanks for the. heads UP and Intel!  Lila has been acting crazy lately. That may be the same Lion that Deanna saw below her house in the ditch a few weeks back.  There is so much wild life in town (probably BECAUSE of the cat!).  That small group of deer that live in your yard are always around, even down on Mesa often. Turkey everywhere, Bunnies, Bunnies, Bunnies (Rudi's Rabbits).  At least one racoon that is one of Lila's late night tormentors.  We haven't even mentioned Bears, Bobcats, Foxes, Moose etc.  PS:  I doubt all Our Bears are asleep yet.  Been too warm. 

Good idea to make your presence known when going out in the dark. Make some noise. Turn lights on. 
Let them know you are there. Lions want nothing to do with humans. 

Glad you got to see it Quintin.  Did your boys get to see it too?  That is a very special happening in my opinion!
There are lots of Lions, but you rarely see them.  I have seen Lions 6-7 times in 46 years up here, mostly at night
in the canyon, driving home. 

~ SOB john
No problem, Annamaria. It looked too small to be alone, so perhaps momma lion was nearby.

Hi John. Yeah, I agree, pretty special to see them. This one looked like it was sneaking around hunting. Was great to watch it sneak around and move along up mountain. I ran into a large male a couple weeks ago as well in the National Forest area outside of Granby. I stumbled upon a deer killed by the lion and the lion was standing right by his dinner. He was giving me a nasty look that said “don’t you even think about trying to steal my dinner.” That one was a little too close for comfort but after I got my distance safely, I was able to enjoy the experience in retrospective.

The boys unfortunately didn't get to see the lion in person, but it was caught on the security camera. So, they were able to see it on the video feed and loved it. They’ve been loving the turkeys that have been hanging out in our yard (might be what this young lion was after as well).
Your Lion could be stalking your "Frenchie" too.  I am sure you are keeping close track of that guy.  Don't want him to become French Toast!

That was an amazing encounter you had up in Granby.  Very special.
Good point. Could be! We always keep her leashed and close by for that very reason. Appreciate you looking out!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »