Power Out 6PM 2-3-2024

Sal DeVincenzo – sdvphoto.com
Peaceful Valley was affected by the power outage yesterday, with a projected restoration time of 8 pm.  Power was restored just after midnight.  It was an evening spent reading by backup lanterns.

Again today, at around 10:45, another power failure occurred.  I have learned to report every Xcel outage as soon as possible.  Some failures can be very localized, like a tree fall across a nearby powerline.  Quick reportage can speed up the restoration process.

Here in PV, we're fortunate to have Verizon cell service and home internet.  But the battery backup at the tower, located in a horse corral, fails in about three hours if the generator doesn't start, which it hasn't for a few years.  I expect to lose cell service and internet if the current estimated restoration time of 1 pm doesn't happen.

I have multiple layers of backup lighting, heat, and water for the cabin, but that's a subject for another discussion.

It seems that the Xcel outage map isn't as detailed as it was recently, so I can't tell if JT, Bar-K and Allenspark are also affected.
(02-04-2024, 12:20 PM)Steven B in PV Wrote: It seems that the Xcel outage map isn't as detailed as it was recently, so I can't tell if JT, Bar-K and Allenspark are also affected.

Power is also out here on Bramer, outside the Bar-K.
Power is out in Jamestown on Sunday. I just got a new estimate of 3:30pm for restoration.
Any update on when we expect power in the Bar K?
6:45 pm Sunday is what shows on our account on the xcel site
Saw two Xcel trucks heading up the canyon from JT about half an hour ago.
We're back in the modern world as I imagine you folks are.  Our cell service and internet died at 1:30 pm as I predicted.  It looked increasingly grim when it began getting dark.

We're on a spring with an electric pump and pressure tank that supplies water.  I knew I should have showered first thing this morning.  Those of you on community water systems are lucky.  All is well now until the next outage.  A couple of our neighbors have automatic Generac backup systems.  Maybe it's time to move beyond procrastination.
Go for it Steve. We bought this place about a year ago. It came with an 8kW General and it has come in handy a few times already. Glad the power is back on!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »