Winds
From a conversation I had with Greg Berman on Nextdoor about winds coming. I asked if he could weigh in about Jamestown and his answer is near the bottom. Stay safe everyone and baton down the hatches!

His original post…

POTENTIAL HIGH WIND EVENT! -- Weather
Analyst Greg Berman
Hello everyone, I try not to post weather forecasts here unless there is the chance for a major weather event. That will be the case Saturday into Sunday.
The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Watch for Boulder, with possible wind gusts to 75mph. There could even be a few localized spots around town that could reach 100mph. You folks in Upper Table Mesa specifically around Stoney Hill Rd stretching north to just below NCAR and across Table Mesa Drive "could" see these top gusts. I lived on upper Bear Mountain Drive for many years, and I witnessed the very strong winds in your areas.
That said, other parts of Boulder could also get hit very hard as well. My location in North Boulder, Dakota Ridge Village, also tends to get some very strong winds blowing off of Old Stage Road and from the Pine Book Hill area.
I will be analyzing and monitoring the computer models very closely and will be posting updates on Weather Talk, https://www.facebook.com/ GregsWeatherTalk. For those of you not on Facebook, I'll post updates here if you all are OK with that. I'll try and keep the posts shorter than this post. It was necessary to get all of this information out so that's why this was so long.

Jyoti Sharp • Greater Jamestown
Thank you Greg! Any specifics for Jamestown much appreciated.

Greg Berman Author • Dakota Ridge
Jyoti my pleasure! Jamestown could be in the bulls-eye for very strong and "possibly" damaging winds. It's certainly something to be aware of.
Love the Jamestown area. Very beautiful up there! Be safe Jyoti!
I got v/m's from Xcel stating (paraphrasing) that due to high winds and fire danger they may turn off power if they feel circumstances warrant.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »