Bike Race in Lefthand/James Canyons, Fri. 5/17
4 pm to 6 pm, perfect timing.
I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for the timing.
Who the F plans these events?
I actually called the special events organizer John Hoste this afternoon. Apparently they have no qualms about using our private property, without notification, as their set up and end point. Felt like I needed to say something. On a different note, he says they evaluated the event timing and don’t feel it will interfere with commuters because it is not a race. If anyone sees anything untoward by any participants, he wants to know. You can find his contact info at the bottom of the online Boulder County special events page.
(05-16-2024, 11:07 PM)N Loving Wrote: I actually called the special events organizer John Hoste this afternoon. Apparently they have no qualms about using our private property, without notification, as their set up and end point. Felt like I needed to say something. On a different note, he says they evaluated the event timing and don’t feel it will interfere with commuters because it is not a race. If anyone sees anything untoward by any participants, he wants to know. You can find his contact info at the bottom of the online Boulder County special events page.

Thank you N
I've given up, conceded, the Qualmless win.
I share the road, but seldom do they reciprocate.
I've resorted to driving the canyon to hours when cycling traffic is at a minimum, leave an hour early for work, and if I need to go to town on a weekend, leave as early as possible.
The volume of typical afternoon cycling traffic on the way home is arduous enough, a special event between peak hours when residents are trying to get home is just one more hindrance.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »