Free Slash Chipping??
Boulder County offers a free slash chipping program.  It requires a minimum of five home owners to sign up for an 'event'.

Since we no longer have a slash pile burn, and the dumpster days slash dumpster has come and gone, I suspect there a number of slash piles accumulating around town.

So, I am seeking input on whether there is enough interest for me to coordinate an event.  I would be willing to act as the coordinating host if there is enough interest.

I would appreciate any replies here or by email  bloupee gmail
Hey Burt-  there is a large pile of dead branches/trees and such at the corner of Ward & Main.  We noticed in early June(maybe May) someone with firefighter plates possibly clearing branches near the spillway by Jon's, but it has grown the last couple of months.  It might be worth asking JVFD.  It would be nice to get it removed.
Thanks for the lead.  I have wondered about that pile.  Sounds like it is still a bit of a mystery.  I think it could certainly be a candidate.  It looks like that property is owned by the town so I'll need to ask if that is an issue for the chipping program and of course, if allowed, whether the town wants to participate.
Burt,
Does the slash for chipping need to be freshly cut?
On our property, we have so many dead limbs left from the town mitigation that it might be prudent to haul and chip them rather than trying to save and cut them for firewood.

If we could send these off, I’d like to be included in the count.

Can you give me or post the link to the County size and pile requirements for these slash-to-be-chipped?

Thanks!
Laurel
Michelle and I might be interested, dependent on timing.
-Scott G.
I have a conversation going with Zack at Wildfire Partners to get a curbside chip day on the calendar for Jamestown, but I havent heard back from him for a couple weeks.  I will follow up with him on Monday and see if we can get this fast tracked.
Seth and all, I’ve got slash that I’d haul to a chipper in town. Please keep me in the loop.
Thanks for following up.
Kate
720-305-6019
kcarbone0@gmail.com
I just emailed Zack again so hopefully we can get a date locked in ASAP
Thanks Seth,  I'll hold off as I think it would only be a duplicate path at this point.

Laurel I don't think old slash is a problem.  I did not find anything in the FAQ about max size so we might need to ask on that.  I think 3-4" and maybe up to 6" is typical.  It will need to be dragged down to a pile on the road.  They aren't collecting.  Seth might negotiate something different but they indicated they prefer a minimum pile size of 5x5x5.  There is a max per property as well.
(08-04-2024, 08:15 AM)BurtL Wrote: Thanks Seth,  I'll hold off as I think it would only be a duplicate path at this point.

Laurel I don't think old slash is a problem.  I did not find anything in the FAQ about max size so we might need to ask on that.  I think 3-4" and maybe up to 6" is typical.  It will need to be dragged down to a pile on the road.  They aren't collecting.  Seth might negotiate something different but they indicated they prefer a minimum pile size of 5x5x5.  There is a max per property as well.

Thanks Seth and Burt,

Everything I have is 1- 3 inches in diameter. I can certainly get it to the road, but may not have 5x5x5. (I'm guessing only 3 feet high) However, we are a short distance from the Ward St / Main St corner that has a large stack, so maybe these average out?

I'll wait to hear from Seth before accumulating a pile on the road. 
Thanks!
Laurel
(07-30-2024, 08:33 AM)BurtL Wrote: Boulder County offers a free slash chipping program.  It requires a minimum of five home owners to sign up for an 'event'.

Since we no longer have a slash pile burn, and the dumpster days slash dumpster has come and gone, I suspect there a number of slash piles accumulating around town.

So, I am seeking input on whether there is enough interest for me to coordinate an event.  I would be willing to act as the coordinating host if there is enough interest.

I would appreciate any replies here or by email  bloupee gmail

Burt, I am definitely "in" for a slash pickup.  I am trying to round up every dead branch and dead tree on my property for fire mitigation.  I can move the pile to road after Aug 20.
I took a look around and can definitely meet the 5x5x5 minimum, so please count us in!
Laurel
Slash Day via Wildfire Partners and Jamestown Fire conversation is in the works - We will announce date and details as soon as we have in on the books.  Stay Tuned.
Thanks!
FYI. I have “hosted” a couple of events in the Bar K Ranch and might be able to answer any questions you might have. jsinclair71@gmail.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »