Orange Tabby Cat
Appears to be the same cat, again, on the prowl. It has some sort of harness/collar it's wearing.
I like the birds in my yard and my resident rabbit.
Looks like I'm going to have to purchase a live-trap and take it to an animal shelter, maybe the one in Greeley.
Hollis, this seems like a bit extreme for a kitty. Is it killing or attacking the rabbits and birds in your yard? Have you tried talking to the owner? Maybe they don’t check the BB to know that their cat is bothering you?
(08-10-2024, 03:31 PM)MeganQ Wrote: Hollis, this seems like a bit extreme for a kitty. Is it killing or attacking the rabbits and birds in your yard? Have you tried talking to the owner? Maybe they don’t check the BB to know that their cat is bothering you?

Hi, Megan

This cat was reported missing on the BB sometime back, I saw it in my yard shortly before leaving for work one morning, tried to catch it to return it to its owner, but it ran away. I posted that I saw it to give the owner some hope that it was still alive.

A month ago I was sitting outside watching my nesting flycatcher's and the cat was stalking them, crouched low and was ready to pounce when I scared it off.
This morning, said cat was crouched low in the grass and stalking something, couldn't see what, so I scared it off.
Cats put a severe dent in bird populations, google it.

Between the dogs and cats, it's a principled thing, some folks don't seem to care about their neighbors.
The majority of responsible pet owners in town go to great lengths to keeps their pets under control, there are a few that don't and all they can do is issue halfhearted apologies, BS excuses, gaslight the topic, put the onus on their neighbors and state that they'll try harder.

In the last year and a half, the dogs have exponentially become worse.

Domestic cats and bird predation

https://www.google.com/search?q=domestic...nt=gws-wiz
Same cat, on the prowl, 8:50 a.m.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »