BEAR in THE HOOD JT !
Hey Jimbillies ~

Lila woke me up at 6:30AM to find a Black Adult Bear snooping around on West Mesa St. 
Not a big adult, but not a Juvenile. Shaggy and Black.  He ran off when I yelled at him.  

Did not have time to grab the air horn, didn't want to wake up Hollis.  (He was probably already up.) 

CLEAN AND LOCKED !
EVERYTHING !

Save Our Bears >

~ SOB john
(08-17-2024, 10:26 AM)John Hardman Wrote: Hey Jimbillies ~

Lila woke me up at 6:30AM to find a Black Adult Bear snooping around on West Mesa St. 
Not a big adult, but not a Juvenile. Shaggy and Black.  He ran off when I yelled at him.  

Did not have time to grab the air horn, didn't want to wake up Hollis.  (He was probably already up.) 

CLEAN AND LOCKED !
EVERYTHING !

Save Our Bears >

~ SOB john

Ha! :O)

I'm usually up before the chickens :O)

When I see a bear, size dependent, I make sure there are no cubs around, then I make my presence known if they haven't seen me yet with a, "HEY!" "Go see John and Lila". They usually just mosey on about their business. No air horn needed, wouldn't want to disturb the neighbors. :O)

Michelle told me I can't pop'em in the ass with my old worn out low powered Daisy Red Ryder BB gun anymore from 30 ft, so just the sound of the gun cocking get's them moving, it's almost as if they've been conditioned.

AND! Before anyone gets upset, NO! I would NEVER shoot a cat or dog!
They're innocent of their existence and life-situations.
John, that bear was in my driveway at 6am. Not sure why. No food in cars or garage cans out or bird feeders here. Tupelo chased him away barking before i could even grab my air horn. (And came back as soon as i called her…I was impressed).
Hey Jen,  thanks for the Intel. 

AND GOOD GIRL TUPELO!  

Our Bears are eating non stop and our forest has been so dry.  
Hopefully the recent rains has helped our forest green up and offer some
natural food sources for Our BEARS!  

Still a few months to go.  

CLEAN and LOCKED JT
EVERYTHING

~ SOB john
Black bear this morning 6:30AM feeding peaceably on chokecherries just off our front porch (cabin @ 55 Ward. Perhaps John’s 8/17 bear—black, not a juvenile but not big. Maybe the bear leaving chokecherry poop around Ward St. past few weeks. Laurel airhorned it up the hill and on its way.

Bill and Laurel    
Hey Bill ~ 

Thanks guys for the Intel AND a Photo!  Looks like the Shaggy Black Young Adult I ran off a week ago @ 6:30AM.

What fruit and berries we have are in season now.  Our Bears come into town like a ghost to glean the harvest and just as silently
go back into the forest; as Terry P used to say. 

~ SOB joh 

PS:  I owe you guys a SOB JT bumper sticker
(09-04-2024, 09:58 AM)burtonwc1 Wrote: Black bear this morning 6:30AM feeding peaceably on chokecherries just off our front porch (cabin @ 55 Ward. Perhaps John’s 8/17 bear—black, not a juvenile but not big. Maybe the bear leaving chokecherry poop around Ward St. past few weeks. Laurel airhorned it up the hill and on its way.

Bill and Laurel

Love this photo - bear moving on from cozy cabin.  Heart
The Red Young Adult BEAR, who is about to be named "Bad Red" for his shenanigans, came to visit. 
Gave him the Air Horn and he took off from Mesa down toward the river, Post Office way! 

I have been informed that this guy is getting bolder and not always taking off when Hazed. 
He is a Town Bear.  We gotta keep him out of here or he is cruzing for trouble.  

Save Our Bears JT ~ Yes even the Knuckleheads ! 

Please and Thank YOU! 

~ SOB john
Black bear knocking on slider after circling the house at 12:30 last night. Our guest got video, but it’s poor. See attached.

BTW, that was up here on Porphyry View.

Attached Files
.mov   RPReplay_Final1725862979.mov (Size: 3.8 MB / Downloads: 77)
Hey Marcia ~

Thanks for the INTEL!  Lil BAD RED is a regular this summer.  I been chasing him all over for the last couple three years.
He is getting BIG and looks very healthy. (all the town food is making him fat and happy and lazy).   

I was in my office near my front door with the window open and heard him quietly walk up the steps to my front deck.  I was just a few feet away 
and he had to hear the music from my computer. (maybe he was attracted to THE BLUES?).  Lila got wind of him and when I opened the front door,
there HE WAS!  I could have spanked him if I was quicker.  (not a good IDEA). 

Bear activity has been heavy this year and we still got a ways to go.  

Ever vigilant!
Clean and Locked
EVERYTHING

~ SOB john
Bear at 2:45 Monday sept 9 on cemetery road just crossed over into cemetery
Thanks Jillien ~

Probably getting ready for the food share ? ! 

Was it the Red guy?
The bear on Porphyry View was a black bear, not the red one. Hard to see in the vid.
Thanks Marcia for the clarification! I could not see it in the video.
There has been a Black Young Adult AND a lil Black Cub hanging around. 

Lots of BEARS this year!

~ j
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »