Aurora at Rock Lake 10/7/24

Shot with iphone 15 pro max around 10:30-midnight on 10/7 and later around 130am on 10/8.
Northern Lights were first described to me by my dad as a kid when he told me stories of going to Manitoba with his grandfather ice fishing. We went to Canada, and it was awesome, but never saw any auroras.
This was one of the most exciting and anticipated experiences of my life!
Cameras pick up so much more than what we see with the naked eye that it makes for a surprisingly vibrant show this far south in pictures.
There were some captivating sights without the camera at the peak of activity with observable pillars of light / magnetic activity.
Even stronger auroras are expected tomorrow night and Friday if you haven't heard already! 
Using your camera, even whatever phone camera you have will really enhance the experience. 
An aurora app with some alerts set up and the NOAA live reports have been helping me plan to stay up and look since I missed the event back on May 11th.
Solar maximum cycle will produce more earthward storms through 2025 and possibly later.
Happy aurora hunting everyone!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What Beautiful Shots !

Thank You---
(as we sleep)

(10-09-2024, 03:14 PM)Adam K Wrote:   
Wow!  That's it, I am never going to sleep again -- don't want to miss anything!

Beautiful Fire in the Sky photos.  I thought some of you might be interested in this picture I took from my house up on Mesa Street back in the late 70's, looking North towards Porphyry Mountain eastern ridge. SvH (picture was taken with 35mm film camera before I really learned how to focus it properly, but you get the idea)