Stolen Guitars!
Someone came into my house at 73 spruce sometime between Sunday & yesterday afternoon & grabbed both of my Fender Telecasters! Both Made in MEX, one is a "Baja Tele"- Blond / the other is my 72' Custom Deluxe Reissue Surf Blue/Green.  Both in GATOR soft cases that have GREEN BUDDHA / 72' & GB BAJA written in silver paint on the cases.
Cant upload pics on here for some reason
SETH STRICKLAND 303-945-6654

Seth, this is very disconcerting.
You're a strong contributor to the community and a great musician.
My heart goes out.

In order to post the pix, on a computer or tablet (harder on a phone) edit your post (on the bottom right) - select "full edit"
You'll need to scroll down - there's an attach box on the screen below - it's typically not there without scrolling.
You can drag and drop into the box, or click on it to get a classic file upload dialog.
Oh, Seth, I am so sorry to hear that! There is nothing more despicable than someone taking a musician's beloved instruments! I hope they are recovered somehow - I presume you reported it to law enforcement? What is happening to our little town?
so sorry to hear this, Seth!
and i don't think it's our little bubble of a town.  seems like more and more U.S.-ians are becoming desperate....what a time to be alive....
Hey all- thanks for all the kind words.  May have actually raised the local alarm in error. 

After the initial shock and having had time to  process, it seems more likely that they were stolen at load out of a gig on 1-8-22.  Because I frequently load a lot of gear in and out, its possible I wouldn't have noticed whether I had actually brought them into the house the morning of the 9th.  That 10 day stretch was obviously a blur with fires, NYE, 2 40 hour snow plow shifts and 4 gigs; plus brain fog still lingering from COVID in November... I just don't know if they ever made it home with me.  It is possible that they were taken from the house, but it seems more likely it was after the gig on the 8th in Denver.  This is typically when instruments are stolen in the city- it's late, lots of people talking to musicians as we load out & make multiple trips to and from the vehicles etc etc etc.
Police report is filed, serial numbers are in a NCS data base so if they are sold, traded or pawned anywhere in the USA, they will get flagged.

Thanks again & apologies if I unnecessarily raised fears of local break-ins
Update here 2/3/2022-
Just noticed another guitar missing.  My dads old Charvel Acoustic.  Unfortunately that means the guitars were definitely stolen from the house. Yup
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »