Bar-K Century Link Landline ??
Good morning, Bar - K neighbors.   Our Century Link landline is out this morning.  Is anyone else having difficulties with their landline phone? 

Thank you

Cyndi
Mine has been out since yesterday late afternoon. CTL has indicated they'll be out before 2023. Maybe...
After waiting for 45 minutes to chat....I was disconnected.  How poetic Dodgy
When others have reported troubles with their Century Link land lines over the past couple of months, ours has been OK at our location across from Rock Lake.  Maybe that will help them find the problem...
Try reminding them that they have a legal obligation to provide essential 911 service and that if your phone line is not restored immediately you will report them to the FCC for failure to do so.
Has ANYONE successfully gotten through to them?  

1) Like GCouture, I have initiated several Chats only to have them automatically close shortly after engaging.  And this was with different browsers

2) I finally just hung up from the "support" line after TWO (2) hours of being on hold with ZERO human interaction

3) Attempted to use their Troubleshooter tool, and for days now and with different browsers it throws a server fault and dumps javascript Exception messaging on the screen

4) And as per SBertram's great suggestion, the FCC complaint form can be accessed via:  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en...0001201223

Has ANYONE received notice of having a technician come out?
I didn't notice my landline was out until I saw this thread. Unfortunately, work is crazy right now so I don't have time to try to get through to CenturyLink (not that I think that any of you have more spare time than I do). I hope this gets resolved soon!
I've had no luck with the CenturyLink troubleshooter tools and their app and website options are equally useless. I'd like to know if they'll prorate monthly bills given all the recent outages!
Good afternoon, Neighbors  

After a very long wait, I finally got through to a person who was helpful in the "chat" function for Centurylink.  A tech is coming out on Thursday morning.  I have reported to them that several neighbors are also without phone service.  

I am happy to discuss this with the tech when they are here - and I will post on the BB Board any additional progress.  I am grateful for the person who helped me, their name was Ashwin and they submitted a tech request and set up the appointment for us. 

C
Thanks so much, Cyndi! I appreciate you taking the time to get through to them!
Good Morning, Bar-K Neighbors

At 10:45 this morning, landline service was restored to our house.  The tech called to report it fixed, his name was Vince, the call came in under the name "Eric Fagerstrom" on caller ID.  He did not come to our house so I was not able to send him to any other neighbors.  

The level of service from Centurylink has been very disappointing from start to finish here.  If anyone still does not have service, I am happy to hit the redial on the phone and get Vince on the line. 

Thank you 

C
Thanks for the update, Cyndi, as well as for your offer to contact Vince.

Mine is still out.  Any others here?

"Very disappointing" - Understatement of the Year!!
Hi Cyndi & Sandi -

Glad you got your service back, Cyndi. Like Sandi, I still don't have service. Guess I'll have to bit the bullet and spend the day talking to CenturyLink's computer after my morning meeting. What a pain! Thanks for keeping us all informed!
I think I have a technician appointment for sometime next Friday (7/1) between 8:30 and 4:30. I never talked to a real person and it took 6 tries just to get them to understand that my phone isn't working, so hopefully they got it right. At least I didn't have to spend the 2 hours on the phone that Cyndi had to spend! I'm glad that worked out for you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »