VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for Bear-resistant trash cart pickup day!
Hello!
Our bear-resistant trash cans are arriving next week, and I need help with preparations, and assisting with order pick-up on the big day. The cans are large, rugged, and nested in stacks >6 feet tall, so I need strong and smiley people who can work together and physically stay safe.  The event will happen regardless of weather, and so far the forecast is not in my favor. Volunteers may have to help me shift to Plan B if our pick-up location is buried in snow.

Friday, April 21 – 1pm to 3:30pm
8-10 volunteers needed
80 cans need to be separated, assemble wheel/axle, staged for efficiency, and a quick QC of the units. Help consolidate waste packing material and pallets for hauling.

Saturday, April 22 8:15am to 2:00pm
10 volunteers needed for two shifts
Nearly 70 cans will be picked up on this day by your neighbors and friends. You could be assigned to traffic control, reception assistance, or as a can fetcher and loader.

Wednesday, April 26 3:30pm to 7:00pm
4-5 volunteers needed
Nearly 30 cans will be picked up on this day. Again, I’ll need traffic control, reception assistants, and folks to help neighbors and friends fetch and load their new trash cart.

*You must be at least 18 to volunteer, and you will be required to sign a Volunteer Waiver to participate on this project.

Please contact me directly at mdurant@bouldercounty.org to volunteer.  More coordination information will be shared with you prior to Friday, Saturday, or Wednesday.
THANKS!
A huge THANK YOU to all of the people who acquired the bear cans and who helped with the distribution!! The entire process was SO, SO EASY! I hope the people who are helping with the distribution stay warm!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!
I had a big family emergency and had to go out of town for over a week. I just got back after midnight on Saturday.
How can I get the can I ordered. I'm sorry I forgot about it in all the chaos , had to leave here suddenly, and came home sick yesterday.
Jackie ~  Contact Michelle at the Email address in the post above and she will arrange for pick-up of your Bear Proof Can. 

SOB john
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »