Here We Go Again
Is power out for everyone in the Bar K again? No ETA’s so far just the usual messages from Xcel with no ETA. Ugh!
Yes power is out on Ridge road
Power is out on Saint Vrain Trl
Yeah we lost power at ~6pm on Rock Lake. I have to ask — is this a normal amount of outages we’ve been having? We moved here at the end of February and seems like quite a bit!
I bought one of these, (link below) it powers my fridge, computer, TV, and Starlink satellite internet.
Estimated run time battery life was about 6 hrs, it varies according to load (power consumption), paired with a 5kW generator, (a quiet one), sick of the power outages, and glitches.

https://www.bluettipower.com/products/ac240
Power is still on here on Bramer, so it looks like another isolated outage. Sorry to my Bar-K friends.
(05-06-2024, 07:03 PM)oliviawaller Wrote: Yeah we lost power at ~6pm on Rock Lake. I have to ask — is this a normal amount of outages we’ve been having? We moved here at the end of February and seems like quite a bit!

No, this has been above average for the last 5+ years that we've been up here. Others with longer tenure probably have more data (and epic outage stories). Xcel did some mitigation the summer of 2022 (if I remember correctly) and that really helped stabilize power into the BarK.
We're reading by lantern light in Peaceful Valley.

It's been cold and windy all day, now with 3" of snow. Another 3-7" is predicted....

Our cell service will self-destruct in 8 seconds.
BAR-K 
(05-06-2024, 07:03 PM)oliviawaller Wrote: Yeah we lost power at ~6pm on Rock Lake. I have to ask — is this a normal amount of outages we’ve been having? We moved here at the end of February and seems like quite a bit!
Historically a little more, a little less. Welcome to mountain living. Made easier by your favorite generator set up. We have an old, small 4500 watt Firman (actually about 3,150 watts because for every 1,000’ above sea level a generator loses anout 3.5% efficiency). Uses about 2.5 gallons gasoline every 8-10 hours. We ultimately paid an electrician to place a plug for it on the side of the house to the main panel, and it runs the refrigerator, furnace, lights, TV, wifi, just not the well pump, microwave, etc. Before the house plug we just ran a big cord from the generator and split it to fridge, TV, wifi and a light. We heated with the woodstove. Others in the neighborhood have the multi thousand dollar big kilowatt systems that run off your home’s propane tank - less efficient but it’s like the power never went off. More maintenance costs, and just don’t run out of propane.

Historically a little more, a little less. Welcome to mountain living. Made easier by your favorite generator set up. We have an old, small 4500 watt Firman (actually about 3,150 watts because for every 1,000’ above sea level a generator loses anout 3.5% efficiency). Uses about 2.5 gallons gasoline every 8-10 hours. We ultimately paid an electrician to place a plug for it on the side of the house to the main panel, and it runs the refrigerator, furnace, lights, TV, wifi, just not the well pump, microwave, etc. Before the house plug we just ran a big cord from the generator and split it to fridge, TV, wifi and a light. We heated with the woodstove. Others in the neighborhood have the multi thousand dollar big kilowatt systems that run off your home’s propane tank - less efficient but it’s like the power never went off. More maintenance costs, and just don’t run out of propane.
Restoration time noon tomorrow.
Anyone seeing restoration work being done out there? I'd go for a walk to see for myself, but this wind.... Rolleyes

This is above average (have lived here 24 years). But, it's odd spring weather (more trees down than normal). We usually get the winds in the fall. And, the Marshall fire happened which means Xcel is less cavalier about automatically turning electricity back on in case of fire. Given that the giant fire near Jamestown was due to electricity, this might be better.

Also, just saw an Xcel truck speed through the neighborhood. Presumably checking the wires.
Has anyone received an ETA email/phone call/text from Xcel with a new ETA?  The website says 11:15 am.  Obviously not correct since it is now 2:22.
Power back on at Saint Vrain yrl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »