BEAR ~ JimBillie Encounter !
In the wee hours of the morning this past Saturday, Jovan was having a pre-dawn smoke on Main Street, near the Merc. 
He saw in the dim light, a dog like animal approaching. Thinking it was Oreo, the neighbor's pup. 
As it got closer he realized it was too big to be OREO, but was one of OUR JUVENILE BEARS ! 

He swiftly went into Kung FU mode and punched OUR BEAR right in the nose!
OUR BEAR, true to form, retreated and ran away to collect itself and reflect
on what just happened.  Now that JimBillies, is OVER THE TOP HAZING!  
While I do not recommend you try this at home, it illustrates how passive and
non-aggressive OUR BEARS are.  

In the past I had heard stories of Joey smacking a BEAR with a cast iron skillet, when
it entered his home many years ago.  

I share these stories in hopes that we all realize that BLACK BEARS are not to be feared.
Respected? YES! These are large powerful animals who could rip the door off your car if
they wanted to.  But they don't. The "Bear Whisperer" refers to Black Bears as The Hippies
of the Bear World.  They just want to eat your grass (not smoke it) and go about their
Ho-Hum Way.  

Lately the Media has been demonizing Black Bears, when relating stories of Bear/Human
encounters.  The truth usually is, that Humans were negligent in Bear proofing their abode
and ultimately created the problem themselves.  Details the Media does not disclose.

Let us LIVE and LET LIVE.  AND SAVE OUR BEARS from Humans. 

~ SOB john
Modern day mountain lore, something to tell your grand children.  Blush
Sure wish Ol' Leon was around to tell the story  Tongue
I remember the time Ol' Jovan fought off that mountain lion with his bare hands to save a baby elk.  Dodgy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »