Bear sighting on Main St
Just saw a beautiful cinnamon colored bear, large but more likely young due to size,  lumber on the west end of Main St from Jyoti's across Main toward Arne's.  They're awake, beautiful!  Save Our Bears- it's that time to step it up and be wise with trash and such.  I haven't seen one in about two years, what a sight from my deck!  Smile
Jese ~

Thanks for your BEAR SIGHTING post!   I wish I had known.  I was at the Merc having dinner.  Would have loved to chase that Bear right out of town. 

I appreciate the detail as well.  We need to watch our Young Bears.  They are the likely candidates to become Bad Bears.  The "Knuckleheads" are always curious and very active.  If they learn that car doors open, it becomes a game with every car they encounter.  If they find food inside, they go inside.  Not GOOD!  Trust me, you don't want a Bear in your home or car.  

When posting Bear sightings please include these details if possible:

1) Color :  Black Bears come in many colors:  black, brown, blond, cinnamon, red, orange.  Some might have distinctive markings as well.

2) Size :   Small :        think size of a big dog, like Lila, a German Shepherd.  Cubs are Cubs 
               Medium:     think bigger than a dog, up to the size of a refrigerator. Wink
               Large:         these are the big fat guys, older bears.  think BIG BIG BIG

3) Location:  town, hills etc

4) Time of Day

5) Activity:  Good Bear/ Bad Bear ?  

6) Hazing:  Were you able to run it off?  Did it resist?  

We must not let Our Bears feel comfortable hanging around town. 

Take in the beauty of these wonderful animals then chase them! Yell, make noise, tell that Bad Bear to get out of here.  

New To Town?  Need info on Bear proofing your home and cars?  Let me know.  (I am in the JT Directory)

DO NOT FEED OUR BEARS  ANYTHING !

Save Our Bears JT!

~ SOB john
I saw evidence of a bear at my house at 26 Ward St this morning, probably the same bear.  I had not gotten round to posting about it yet.

The bear had turned over trash and recycling barrels but was defeated by the screw top lids.
(05-05-2022, 10:35 AM)Eric Flink Wrote: I saw evidence of a bear at my house at 26 Ward St this morning, probably the same bear.  I had not gotten round to posting about it yet.

The bear had turned over trash and recycling barrels but was defeated by the screw top lids.

Thanks Eric ~  That is helpful intel.  Sounds like this BEAR is familiar with "town temptations".   This may be the same small/med Red Bear that was hanging around Mesa St last spring.  

~ SOB john
Several of my car doors at 28 Ward Street were slightly ajar this morning with no damage or paw prints.  Mama bear taught this bear to be neat and thoughtful.  However, I'll be locking the car doors from now on.  I was forgetful.  The bear was not. Idea
Bear sighting at 17 Ward St around 8 pm last night. Young brown bear (Basho-sized) seen walking very close to my sliding glass door, then toward garage. Scared him/her off by opening the back door.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »