Opting out of daily update e-mails
Hello, BB managers.  It's great being able to catch up with the BB when there is time, but I would rather not get daily updates on my email.  Is there a way to stay enrolled in the BB Forum as a whole but opt out of the daily updates?  Thanks for making this useful resource available to us all.  Marjorie
Read the Help
https://bar-k.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=55
I've been RECENTLY getting an email link daily that reads ***DAILY POST SUMMARY***. I am not subscribed to such a summary. I'd prefer not to get this everyday. Meanwhile, I don't get notifications to the two forums I am subscribed to...
(03-17-2022, 08:03 AM)Jay Wrote: I've been RECENTLY getting an email link daily that reads ***DAILY POST SUMMARY***. I am not subscribed to such a summary. I'd prefer not to get this everyday. Meanwhile, I don't get notifications to the two forums I am subscribed to...

I am confused also about the daily post summary email. I get it every day. But Sally doesn’t get it. How do we turn it on or off? Thanks for your help.
(03-17-2022, 10:14 AM)Harry Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 08:03 AM)Jay Wrote: I've been RECENTLY getting an email link daily that reads ***DAILY POST SUMMARY***. I am not subscribed to such a summary. I'd prefer not to get this everyday. Meanwhile, I don't get notifications to the two forums I am subscribed to...

I am confused also about the daily post summary email. I get it every day. But Sally doesn’t get it. How do we turn it on or off? Thanks for your help.

Like Sal said, the instructions to unsubscribe from forums is in the following link:

Unsubscribing from all forums will stop the daily post summary. There is no way to both subscribe to forum emails and not get the daily post summary.

Thanks,
Dan
(03-17-2022, 11:37 PM)Dan.Novak Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 10:14 AM)Harry Wrote:

Like Sal said, the instructions to unsubscribe from forums is in the following link:

Unsubscribing from all forums will stop the daily post summary. There is no way to both subscribe to forum emails and not get the daily post summary.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,
I will unsubscribe from two forums. Are you aware that some of us have not gotten notifications from what we were subscribed to in the first place?
Thanks for all you work on this.
Jay
Jay,

I am unsure if I follow what you are saying. In order to receive emails when subscribed to a forum you MUST log in at least every 3 days or emails will stop. This is an internal forum rule and cannot be changed. The Daily Post Summary does not follow that rule and is delivered to everyone who is subscribed to any forum. There are no other notifications or messages that would inform you that you are subscribed to a forum, you would need to check your Control Panel using the instructions provided.

Thanks,
Dan
(03-18-2022, 08:20 AM)Dan.Novak Wrote: Jay,

I am unsure if I follow what you are saying. In order to receive emails when subscribed to a forum you MUST log in at least every 3 days or emails will stop. This is an internal forum rule and cannot be changed. The Daily Post Summary does not follow that rule and is delivered to everyone who is subscribed to any forum. There are no other notifications or messages that would inform you that you are subscribed to a forum, you would need to check your Control Panel using the instructions provided.

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks Dan, that makes sense.
Those of us not getting forum subscriptions are not logging in every three days. I know I'm not.
Unfortunately, the reason I subscribe to two forums is so that I don't have to log in at all unless a forum pnigs me (like the QT did).
Thanks again.
Jay
Thanks, Dan.  I'm all set now.  The confusion for me was in the term "unsubscribe to a forum."  I thought it meant that clicking it would end my subscription to the entire BB forum, which the wording suggests.  Once you explained it actually means only "unsubscribe to emails from a forum", it was easy.  I appreciate your help.  Marjorie
Dan, I have not been getting the daily post summary email. But thanks for your commentary above. I just unsubscribed from the bar K forum and resubscribed. We’ll see now whether I start getting the daily post summary.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »