Pizza dough advice?
Hi all,

I have a ball of dough from the Merc and I don't know what to do with it! Help? Does it need to rise? What temperature to cook it at? Should I parbake it before I put on sauce and toppings? So much to learn! PLEASE HELP!!! (Online is TMI and nothing useful.)

Thanks,

Nancy
Hi Nancy!
If you’ve had it since Friday, it’s too late. They last one more day. So if you go home with a dough ball at the end of the Fridays, plan to use them Saturday.

However, if you’ve kept it frozen, you can defrost it fully- if think it takes 4-5 hours, then stretch it as far as you’re able. If you can, heat up a pan or pizza stone in your oven. Turn your oven up as high as it goes. 475° or 500°

Make sure you’ve got plenty of flour on the bottom of your dough. You can either directly flour the hot pan or use a piece of parchment paper below to crust to easily transfer it.
Top with thin layer of sauce, cheese and toppings and then throw it in there.
Keep an eye on it, it won’t take long at 500°
Probably 5-6 minutes

Hope that helps!
(03-22-2022, 12:01 AM)Jamestown Merc Wrote: Hi Nancy!
If you’ve had it since Friday, it’s too late. They last one more day. So if you go home with a dough ball at the end of the Fridays, plan to use them Saturday.

However, if you’ve kept it frozen, you can defrost it fully- if think it takes 4-5 hours, then stretch it as far as you’re able. If you can, heat up a pan or pizza stone in your oven. Turn your oven up as high as it goes. 475° or 500°

Make sure you’ve got plenty of flour on the bottom of your dough. You can either directly flour the hot pan or use a piece of parchment paper below to crust to easily transfer it.
Top with thin layer of sauce, cheese and toppings and then throw it in there.
Keep an eye on it, it won’t take long at 500°
Probably 5-6 minutes

Hope that helps!

Thanks, Merc! Now I know for next time!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »