MORE phone outage -Century Link
Hi there, 
Is anyone else without Century Link land line?  I'm out again since Wednesday.  There is a trenching project going on at 632 Ridge, in front of the phone line box and up their property.  Tried to talk to the guys running the bobcat but I don't speak Spanish...  trying to find a live person.  I will keep trying to make it through to Customer NON service.  
Full time job to get in touch.
Have a nice weekend everyone!
Our phone service has also been out since Wednesday. I confirmed an appointment for a service technician to come out last Thursday. The technician was a no call no show. When I contacted centurylink about the no show, I was first passed around and then told they would either fix the problem remotely or contact me when they were able to come out, and then they abruptly ended the chat.

My phone service has not been fixed, they have not reached out, and I haven’t had time to again deal with centurylink….
(08-13-2022, 12:53 PM)Bethany Wrote: Our phone service has also been out since Wednesday. I confirmed an appointment for a service technician to come out last Thursday. The technician was a no call no show. When I contacted centurylink about the no show, I was first passed around and then told they would either fix the problem remotely or contact me when they were able to come out, and then they abruptly ended the chat.

My phone service has not been fixed, they have not reached out, and I haven’t had time to again deal with centurylink….
Hi Bethany,  I have a tech appointment for next Friday.  I really don't know how they get to be so crappy.   I think the issue is the trenching that was done at 632 Ridge.... the cables all exposed and likely something hit.   I don't know if i put this in my previous post but this is the 21 st day in 3 months no phone.  3 separate incidents.  First one fixed itself.  Second one a kind person on this page put a list of outage numbers at the mailboxes.  We can try that again...or at the trench location .   I need my phone, as you know, so I can talk to my elderly mom.  I typed that info in my text chat and the guy cut off the chat .  So that was nice.   
If there are others maybe post here?  I can put a sheet of paper at the mailboxes and on the box by the trench.  42 bucks a month just to have a land line to talk to mom.  worth it . needs to work though
So frustrating, right?!?! Consider yourself lucky, we pay double what you’re paying for equally crappy service. We’d ditch the landline entirely if we didn’t need it for Kirk’s heart monitorSad
(08-14-2022, 01:10 PM)Bethany Wrote: So frustrating, right?!?! Consider yourself lucky, we pay double what you’re paying for equally crappy service. We’d ditch the landline entirely if we didn’t need it for Kirk’s heart monitorSad

DANG.  I use a calling card so not paying long distance.  Seems like the heart monitor need would get you to the top of the line?   Unbelievably un helpful company.

(08-14-2022, 01:10 PM)Bethany Wrote: So frustrating, right?!?! Consider yourself lucky, we pay double what you’re paying for equally crappy service. We’d ditch the landline entirely if we didn’t need it for Kirk’s heart monitorSad

DANG.  I use a calling card so not paying long distance.  Seems like the heart monitor need would get you to the top of the line?   Unbelievably un helpful company.
So it looks like we have a centurylink appointment for tomorrow between 08:11am - 12:00pmWink Granted, I received the appointment via text…fingers crossed.
If you would let them know, mine too... 3-459-0534 and it's 67 Bridger.   I think it's the same source of problem so hopefully fixing one fixes the rest.  
Thank you..
Absolutely!!!
Several years ago when we had a neighborhood outage during a snowstorm that CenturyLink didn't take seriously, I sent an email to channel 7's consumer protection line (whatever they call it). That got a quick reaction. If they don't fix it today, you might want to try that. Especially since there's a health and safety risk.
(08-14-2022, 04:01 PM)Bethany Wrote: So it looks like we have a centurylink appointment for tomorrow between 08:11am - 12:00pmWink Granted, I received the appointment via text…fingers crossed.

Good thing they had your cell phone number so they could text you - since your landline isn't working... Irony, anyone? 

I hope you and Wendy and anyone else who is affected will  have good luck with getting it fixed. Their customer "service" is the worst!
Woohoo landline is fixed! It was a cut cable at the trench location.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »