Is it snowing in Jimtown (or below)?
Hey friends - I live up on Bramer and some family was going to meet at the merc for burger night - but they are concerned about snow.  It's snowing up here, but was curious if it is snowing in Jamestown proper and what conditions were down the canyon?  TIA!
It is, indeed, snowing in Jamestown right now.  A delivery person who stopped by earlier said that there was more snow in Boulder than in the canyon and up to JT around 1:30.  Happy, safe travels!
(03-22-2023, 03:12 PM)Mnewlon Wrote: Hey friends - I live up on Bramer and some family was going to meet at the merc for burger night - but they are concerned about snow.  It's snowing up here, but was curious if it is snowing in Jamestown proper and what conditions were down the canyon?  TIA!

It's snowing hard in Jamestown at 3:20.  About an inch on the ground so far.  From my window the road looks to be only wet, but if it isn't icy it probably will be soon.  Predicted low tonight for Jamestown is 24.
(03-22-2023, 03:25 PM)Lynwood Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 03:12 PM)Mnewlon Wrote: Hey friends - I live up on Bramer and some family was going to meet at the merc for burger night - but they are concerned about snow.  It's snowing up here, but was curious if it is snowing in Jamestown proper and what conditions were down the canyon?  TIA!

It's snowing hard in Jamestown at 3:20.  About an inch on the ground so far.  From my window the road looks to be only wet, but if it isn't icy it probably will be soon.  Predicted low tonight for Jamestown is 24.

Thanks for the info Mr. Von Habenero!

(03-22-2023, 03:24 PM)Rose H-H Wrote: It is, indeed, snowing in Jamestown right now.  A delivery person who stopped by earlier said that there was more snow in Boulder than in the canyon and up to JT around 1:30.  Happy, safe travels!

Thanks Rose!
You're welcome!

And for future reference, in the rare bird identification - we have a couple of them with names that get mixed up sometimes.  There's Lynn Wilber aka Snake von Habanero - erudite, well-read, bearded, sometimes rides a motorcycle, plays a mean banjo.  And then there's Lynwood Wilson - erudite, well-read, bearded, sometimes rides a motorcycle, never seen him near a banjo, and he has a better view of the canyon road.  Perhaps they are more difficult to distinguish seasonally.  Love them both!!!  OK, am I in trouble yet?
As of 5:15 pm Wednesday 3/22, from Boulder to Jamestown, the roads are just wet, with no snow accumulation.
(03-22-2023, 04:57 PM)Rose H-H Wrote: You're welcome!

And for future reference, in the rare bird identification - we have a couple of them with names that get mixed up sometimes.  There's Lynn Wilber aka Snake von Habanero - erudite, well-read, bearded, sometimes rides a motorcycle, plays a mean banjo.  And then there's Lynwood Wilson - erudite, well-read, bearded, sometimes rides a motorcycle, never seen him near a banjo, and he has a better view of the canyon road.  Perhaps they are more difficult to distinguish seasonally.  Love them both!!!  OK, am I in trouble yet?

No trouble in river city, no trouble at all.  I recon the descriptors are true enough to distinguish them critter characters wherever they be found.

Fwiw, only 5 mi. west in PV, 8" of wet snow fell yesterday, now compressed to ~4", with 2-3 ft. remaining on ground.
(03-22-2023, 04:57 PM)Rose H-H Wrote: You're welcome!

Oops!  I did confused the two, thank you for straightening me out!
Rose, you too funny! SvH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »