Backhoe or front loader needed to help - will pay!
Rose M & Cemetery Roads are in need of a heavy duty plowing machine - we will pay for help! Someone plowed as far as the fire hydrant on Cemetery Road during the storm and it's now passable, but barely, and access to two more houses past there is blocked by a big pile of snow that needs to be removed - it's not going to melt for weeks. There is one woman who can't get out of her house and one who has been out of town who can't get into hers. I know there are huge piles of snow everywhere and it's like cement, but if someone with a heavy duty machine can help us, we are definitely willing to pay. That storm was a doozy!
Thanks for the post Nancy!  Just to add to the plea, the Food Pantry is also in need to have Cemetery Road and the Pantry parking lot plowed.  We too are able to help pay for this effort.  I do have a message out to Buddy but I'm pretty sure he's more than busy up in the Bar K.  It's starting to melt but this is one HEAVY snow!
Would someone from the Roads and Bridges Committee on the Town Board of Trustees please explain what the Town is and isn't going to do on Cemetery and Rose M Roads?  Are these roads on the Town Inventory of Roads that the Town is responsible for?  My understanding is that it is not the responsibility of a handful of women over the age of 60 to have those two roads plowed so that they can have emergency and everyday access to their homes.
Exclamation 
Hello All,
I'm as stuck as O&J, & N,& V & L
I will get to Cemetery Rd, and Rose M when I am able to get there.
I am still working on my road - that ends up in JT proper, and if this means 'Someone' else beats me to clear Cemetery Rd and the road to my house -
PLEASE and Thank You !

^^^YOU ^•• moved here, - so plan on an ocassional phart in your planning of things.

I'd be doing more, but I had a Stroke 2 weeks ago last night, and was aided by Your best friend to the hospital -
( find out?)---

So I 'Will Not' Die for your driveway.

I't usually easy, but you should live here only if you can put up with the ocassional "reminders".
of where you are.

End of RANT !

I Do Love JT !
Randy, please take care of yourself - put the oxygen mask on yourself first! I'm sorry for pushing when I called you to ask if you could get to Cemetery Road. I wasn't listening closely enough when you told me about your stroke. You need time to recover!

I had a call from Michael Box this evening saying that this storm falls under the category of catastrophic weather events that the Town can help residents with and the Town is going to take responsibility and pay for getting someone to clear Cemetery Road.
I hope you're feeling better.   

Best wishes, Nancy

(03-18-2024, 12:45 PM)Rose H-H Wrote: Would someone from the Roads and Bridges Committee on the Town Board of Trustees please explain what the Town is and isn't going to do on Cemetery and Rose M Roads?  Are these roads on the Town Inventory of Roads that the Town is responsible for?  My understanding is that it is not the responsibility of a handful of women over the age of 60 to have those two roads plowed so that they can have emergency and everyday access to their homes.

Thank you, Rose. Those of us in that handful of 60+ people who are normally quite self-sufficient appreciate your advocacy in this unusual situation!  Also, thank you to Michael and the Town Board for responding to our pleas for assistance.
Hey there!

If this is happening, can I get someone to advocate (or get the contact info for whoever is organizing this) for me to come plow our driveway at the end of Porphyry View? I've already missed quite a bit of work at this point, as well as need to get to town for various other reasons, so any help up here would be so appreciated! 

Please reply here or text or call me : 802 881 fifty five 80 

Thank you!
HUGE THANKS TO QUINTER FIKE - MY HERO!!!! He came and dug out Cemetery Road this morning to the end, and I'm sure he's going to try to get to other stranded folks, as well. The Town has taken responsibility in this instance because as Rose pointed out, Cemetery Road is in the Inventory of Town Roads and there is some funding for extreme snow events. I will be contributing to the Town fund to help build it back up, and I hope others will, too - it's tax-deductible. It takes a village, and in extreme conditions, more so than ever!
Thanks for sharing all that great news, Nancy!!!
I would like to send a BIG Shout Out AND THANK YOU!!! to Quinter and Marshall for digging us out on West Mesa Street Friday!
Reminded me of the Blizzard of March 20, 2003, when we got over 6 FEET of snow (that was without melt, settling factored in)  
Quinter had to dig us out that time too.  It took his Big excavator to complete that job.  Snowed in for 4-5 days as I recall. 

I saw others plowing and skidstering the snow piles around Town.  Don't know who you all are but I would like to send the 
BIG THANK YOU out to these kind souls as well!

PS: Can't help but think of Barefoot Kenny and Craig Brown for all those years of plowing our roads.  
      I can still remember so many times seeing Barefoot and his "Spirit Wagon" rolling up Mesa Street  Heart
      in the middle of the night clearing the way for the Jimbillies morning commute.    

Patience everyone. Our Mountains will soak up this snow in no time. Gonna be a beautiful Spring!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »