Here We Go Again
Power just came on in the Bar K
(05-07-2024, 02:23 PM)Sharon N Wrote: Power back on at Saint Vrain yrl

Are you in the Bar K?

I guess all I needed to do is post again.  Smile   Just checked and the power is back on here on Ridge also.
Yes I am
Just received a call from Xycel, it sounds like longer restoration times are going to be the norm going forward. They are now inspecting the lines before re-energizing. It seems like they should have hired more personal if this is new company policy. Extended outages every time it gets windy seems unacceptable to me.

J
(05-07-2024, 03:40 PM)sbertram Wrote: Just received a call from Xycel, it sounds like longer restoration times are going to be the norm going forward. They are now inspecting the lines before re-energizing. It seems like they should have hired more personal if this is new company policy. Extended outages every time it gets windy seems unacceptable to me.

J

Agree!
You can file a complaint here, the link is on the lower left. 

https://puc.colorado.gov/electricincident
Power is out again on Ridge Rd. 7:18pm. Reported to Xcel.

My goodness.
Agree on longer restoration times every time it’s windy being unacceptable. Thank goodness I went down to Costco to get a generator today because I just had a feeling based on all these incidents. It’s wildly disruptive and challenging when we have a baby as well!
Ya. Just after 7p. Power at Ranch & Jed Smith too.
Power out again!! This is getting old fast.
Also does anyone know why it went out tonight? I don’t understand. It’s not windy?? It seems so random?
This is getting crazy. We are out again. Grrr
Did anyone get a restoration estimate? We can add 6 hours to that and it should be close.
(05-07-2024, 08:08 PM)donkol Wrote: Did anyone get a restoration estimate? We can add 6 hours to that and it should be close.

Midnight. But the restoration times are like "serving suggestions". Just like the photos on food packages they have nothing to do with the contents.

In Boulder County, we seem to be pioneering a new climate change solution: turning off the electricity so that everyone uses much more polluting generators. It's genius!

I wonder whether we could petition to move to Estes Park electricity... they seem more on top of things over there, and they use hydro to generate power (from the water flowing through the mountain to lake Granby).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »