Here We Go Again
Power now out in JT, across from the school.
We have a generator, but ran out of gas! I drove to Allenspark this morning, but the station was closed.
(05-07-2024, 08:12 PM)sbg Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 08:08 PM)donkol Wrote: Did anyone get a restoration estimate? We can add 6 hours to that and it should be close.

Midnight. But the restoration times are like "serving suggestions". Just like the photos on food packages they have nothing to do with the contents.

In Boulder County, we seem to be pioneering a new climate change solution: turning off the electricity so that everyone uses much more polluting generators. It's genius!

I wonder whether we could petition to move to Estes Park electricity... they seem more on top of things over there, and they use hydro to generate power (from the water flowing through the mountain to lake Granby).

Sorry, that should have said From lake Granby.
(05-07-2024, 08:22 PM)sbg Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 08:12 PM)sbg Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 08:08 PM)donkol Wrote: Did anyone get a restoration estimate? We can add 6 hours to that and it should be close.

Midnight. But the restoration times are like "serving suggestions". Just like the photos on food packages they have nothing to do with the contents.

In Boulder County, we seem to be pioneering a new climate change solution: turning off the electricity so that everyone uses much more polluting generators. It's genius!

I wonder whether we could petition to move to Estes Park electricity... they seem more on top of things over there, and they use hydro to generate power (from the water flowing through the mountain to lake Granby).

Sorry, that should have said From lake Granby.

That was hilarious sbg and so true!  I literally laughed out loud.

(05-07-2024, 07:25 PM)oliviawaller Wrote: Agree on longer restoration times every time it’s windy being unacceptable. Thank goodness I went down to Costco to get a generator today because I just had a feeling based on all these incidents. It’s wildly disruptive and challenging when we have a baby as well!

I'm so sorry Olivia.  That must be so hard with a baby.  I have been up here for 5 years and it has never been this bad.  So glad you were able to buy a generator today.  That will make it a little less painful.

This is so accurate, I’m loling but it’s also not funny, rather maddening

Power back on at Rock Lake 10:31pm
Everyone take their showers soon, just in case!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »