Bear????
Just heard lots of yelling and it sounded like "it's a bear" being yelled in the bar k around Crockett and ridge...????
Karen and I are dog sitting our daughter’s 2 dogs. One has the name SunBear. I think you heard me yelling his name.
(05-13-2024, 07:39 PM)jasinclair71@gmail.com Wrote: Karen and I are dog sitting our daughter’s 2 dogs. One has the name SunBear. I think you heard me yelling his name.

Just saw a small bear in our yard (400 Rock Lake Road)….
(05-16-2024, 10:10 AM)calbeartara Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 07:39 PM)jasinclair71@gmail.com Wrote: Karen and I are dog sitting our daughter’s 2 dogs. One has the name SunBear. I think you heard me yelling his name.

Just saw a small bear in our yard (400 Rock Lake Road)….

He just walked up Crockett at 10:45 this morning. I used an air horn and that got him running....
Try this again!

Hey Guys,  wondering what color YOUR BEAR was earlier today
Thinking it could be the same Cinnamon Bear many of us saw 
today in JimTown.  Appreciate any info you can share. 

It is these young/knucklehead Bears that end up in trouble.  

BEAR SEASON is underway!

Thanks for posting your sightings.  It is a big help.

~ SOB john
Not sure what you mean by cinnamon....reddish? This one was dark brown
Kim ~

Yes Cinnamon / Redish / Orangeish / Brownish.  The guy I saw must have been in Jim Creek and was wet.
He looked more Red when wet.  Karla's photo in the "young cinnamon" post is the Bear in question.
The one I saw was dark brown and quite small, maybe 2 1/2 or 3’ tall at the shoulder.
Thanks for all the intel.  Good chance it is the same Bear (imo)
Lil Red was back checking trash cans about dark.  Not good.
(05-16-2024, 10:28 PM)John Hardman Wrote: Thanks for all the intel.  Good chance it is the same Bear (imo)
That tawny cinnamon was here on our deck around 4 pm, reaching for a hummingbird feeder. I just happened to look out the window at that very moment. Scared him off before he grabbed it and he launched over the side of the deck and headed for the road. After he was gone, I found the suet feeder on the ground, a little smashed and empty. First bear we’ve had stop here for a couple of years. He clearly knows what to go after. Never saw this one before. Big enough, so probably a male.

(05-16-2024, 10:57 PM)N Loving Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 10:28 PM)John Hardman Wrote: Thanks for all the intel.  Good chance it is the same Bear (imo)
That tawny cinnamon was here on our deck around 4 pm, reaching for a hummingbird feeder. I just happened to look out the window at that very moment. Scared him off before he grabbed it and he launched over the side of the deck and headed for the road. After he was gone, I found the suet feeder on the ground, a little smashed and empty. First bear we’ve had stop here for a couple of years. He clearly knows what to go after. Never saw this one before. Big enough, so probably a male.

p.s. The photos that are powered look like a much darker bear but could just be photo artifact. The one I saw is a tawny red, quite beautiful but very light compared to the photos. 
BAR-K 
Little Cinammon Bear just skeedaddled his way up my drive on St Vrain Trl in Bar-K after the dogs finally noticed him and I opened the front door.  8am Sunday.  He managed to climb an adirondack chair and take down a bird feeder (my bad!) hanging up very high on the front porch.  He's a cutie - a little scruffy, lanky but seemingly in good health. 

I posted a pic on fb.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=102...2346788395
Just saw a bear on St Vrain Trl in Bar K, sniffing from house to house. He wondered on up to Rock Lake Road.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »